FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Continental refuses to book Virgin Atlantic award (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1313232-continental-refuses-book-virgin-atlantic-award.html)

bmw303 Feb 12, 2012 7:43 am

Continental refuses to book Virgin Atlantic award

Despite CO.Com stating that the partnership is ending tomorrow, the OnePass elite desk is refusing to book an award for me, stating that their partnership has already ended.

Its the only "partner" that has saver availability.

:(

hobo13 Feb 12, 2012 7:44 am

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 17999437)
Despite CO.Com stating that the partnership is ending tomorrow, the OnePass elite desk is refusing to book an award for me, stating that their partnership has already ended

How many times have you called?

kyunbit Feb 12, 2012 7:46 am

keep calling and point them out to the webpage. Get a supervisor if required

bmw303 Feb 12, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 17999443)
How many times have you called?

now 2 times. I will try the supervisor approach.

bmw303 Feb 12, 2012 8:23 am

Update: After holding for about 30 mins for a supervisor, was informed all awards have been pulled and CO is no longer able to book any Virgin Atlantic award

Its a shame, because I had called 2 weeks ago asking for this award, and they said that their partnership with Virgin was over. I was just checking the web yesterday and found out that in fact it ends tonight. So I called an agent this morning, but she insisted the partnership was already over....and then called again and reached an agent who knew the partnership was only ending tonight, and then held for a supervisor who said that there are no more Virgin Atlantic awards bookable by co.

Currently its the only way I could have gotten in saver business class from US to India.

rankourabu Feb 12, 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 17999627)
Update: After holding for about 30 mins for a supervisor, was informed all awards have been pulled and UA is no longer able to book any Virgin Atlantic award

funny, because VS awards are still available on co.com

you cant book your award there using multicity?

cfischer Feb 12, 2012 8:29 am

:td: CO :td: I have TATL flights on VS later this year and was hoping to credit them to my UA/CO account.
On the other hand I understand they don't want anyone to experience the superb VS product and compare it to the sub-par offerings on UA/CO in C.

abcx Feb 12, 2012 8:30 am

Originally Posted by bmw303 (Post 17999627)
Update: After holding for about 30 mins for a supervisor, was informed all awards have been pulled and CO is no longer able to book any Virgin Atlantic award.

WTH. I've been on hold for 2 hrs to change the date on a VS award from 20th Apr to 7th Apr. I was relying on being able to do this since it's not the 13th yet. I can see availability on CO.com no problem. Why the hell can't I book it on the phone?

Still on hold. :mad:

I bet they won't even let me book it online, cancel the leg on my existing award and credit me the miles for the online booking.

EDIT: Does CO have 24hr free cancel?

colpuck Feb 12, 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 17999656)
On the other hand I understand they don't want anyone to experience the superb VS product and compare it to the sub-par offerings on UA/CO in C.

VS is certainly better than UA C. But CO BF has a better soft-product and a better hard-product than VS.

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 17999664)
I bet they won't even let me book it online, cancel the leg on my existing award and credit me the miles for the online booking.

Don't know until you try.

abcx Feb 12, 2012 8:55 am

Originally Posted by colpuck (Post 17999705)
VS is certainly better than UA C. But CO BF has a better soft-product and a better hard-product than VS.

Don't know until you try.

On the phone now. She's found the award space and just reissued the ticket. So all's well that ends well.

OP maybe you should try again? I was also booking DEL-LHR on a US-India award. But it was a date change so maybe that's why it was easier?

MatthewLAX Feb 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Virgin award space now pulled on continental.com, but it should still be bookable tomorrow.

Anyone had any further luck?

I had intended to book a LAX-LHR and also a HKG-SYD trip, but it looks like I waited too long...just like Amtrak. :(

FriendlySkies Feb 12, 2012 11:51 pm

I've got a VS o/w ticket for LHR-YVR in early-June. Despite the announcement that you could change tickets until the 13th, I had countless CO agents refuse, or claim that no space was available, despite the website, and other CO agents telling me that VS did indeed have space available on my flights..

Annoying to keep hanging up and calling back, but it seems like a necessity these days.

MatthewLAX Feb 13, 2012 12:00 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18004302)
I've got a VS o/w ticket for LHR-YVR in early-June. Despite the announcement that you could change tickets until the 13th, I had countless CO agents refuse, or claim that no space was available, despite the website, and other CO agents telling me that VX did indeed have space available on my flights..

Annoying to keep hanging up and calling back, but it seems like a necessity these days.

We think you'll like these changes...

bmw303 Feb 13, 2012 5:53 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 18004302)

I think your advice is spot on. But unfortunately for me I had no luck, and I had to do some errands yesterday, so couldn't spend the whole day on the phone with Continental! :(

mherdeg Feb 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 17999643)
funny, because VS awards are still available on co.com

Does it ticket? I have two award reservations on VS flights. A few days ago, I got schedule change notices for each one of them -- they no longer carry a CO codeshare number and instead just have the bare VS numbers.