Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental refuses to book Virgin Atlantic award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental refuses to book Virgin Atlantic award

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
A month ago, when I booked my award ticket that involves a VS leg (HKG-SYD), it just had a bare VS flight number, no codeshare.

Chris

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Feb 14, 2012 at 9:27 am
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
A month ago, when I booked my award ticket that involves a VS leg (HKG-SIN), it just had a bare VS flight number, no codeshare.

Chris
Same thing happened when I booked LHR-YVR in November. It's also kept the "bare" flight # after three date changes.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bmw303
Update: After holding for about 30 mins for a supervisor, was informed all awards have been pulled and CO is no longer able to book any Virgin Atlantic award

Its a shame, because I had called 2 weeks ago asking for this award, and they said that their partnership with Virgin was over. I was just checking the web yesterday and found out that in fact it ends tonight. So I called an agent this morning, but she insisted the partnership was already over....and then called again and reached an agent who knew the partnership was only ending tonight, and then held for a supervisor who said that there are no more Virgin Atlantic awards bookable by co.

Currently its the only way I could have gotten in saver business class from US to India.
I think you missed it, per the discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...13-12-a-4.html.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mherdeg
I think you missed it, per the discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...13-12-a-4.html.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.