CO 1417 SEA-CLE says buh bye

Old Feb 11, 12, 9:34 am
Original Poster

CO 1417 SEA-CLE says buh bye

I received a schedule change notice that CO 1417 from SEA to CLE in May is no longer...

Are there any announced plans on how much they're cutting CLE total?

Alternative to go into IAH, then CLE, then DAY... Or thru ORD... ugh.

regards,

Mike
Old Feb 11, 12, 10:08 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
CLE-SEA operates only seasonal, May thru September and during holidays.
I see the flight operating in May and on, sometimes a 757-300. Not sure what your schecule changes is, maybe is not operating on certain days.
With regard to CLE, it pretty much the same schedule. Weekend serivce
to many cities for Express has been cut, but most routes are intact. They have an agreement with UA they can't make significant cut of flight unless just reasons. Time will tell.

Looks like UA taking over SEA-CLE in May using a A320. maybe that is what changed. These flights are usually full, at least evertime I have taken them.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 11, 12 at 10:13 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 11, 12, 10:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nekbet View Post
I received a schedule change notice that CO 1417 from SEA to CLE in May is no longer...

Are there any announced plans on how much they're cutting CLE total?

Alternative to go into IAH, then CLE, then DAY... Or thru ORD... ugh.

regards,

Mike
I'm sure you know this, but if you're trying to get to DAY and they will route you through IAH AND CLE, I'd take that over ORD...quite a bit more EQMs for the same price...that's one of those schedule changes I actually LIKE getting
Old Feb 11, 12, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
With the UA merger, you now also have routings through DEN and SFO...
Old Feb 11, 12, 6:28 pm

Smile changed flights to Sea

Cle-Sea daily non-stop in May and beyond

Cle Sea Daily PMUA 757
Sea Cle Daily PMUA 320
Old Feb 12, 12, 11:33 am

Programs: CO Plat
It doesn't look good for Clevland. I think it has to do a lot with economic situation there
Old Feb 12, 12, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by nycboy View Post
It doesn't look good for Clevland. I think it has to do a lot with economic situation there
I wouldn't mind flying through CLE as a change of pace from the usual IAD or ORD or EWR but I see so few CLE connections show up when trying to price tickets on Continental.com....lately, no matter where I go, the cheapest price seems to almost always involve a IAH connection.
Old Feb 13, 12, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Well, it was the Sunday overnight... Leave SEA sun, CLE Mon morning.

It appears they cut the Saturday and Sunday SEA departures. Oh well. It is a holiday weekend, which might affect - as the flight on the 20th of May is still listed.

I got rebooked on SEA-IAH-CLE-DAY.. Then changed it to SEA-ORD-DAY..
@PDXPremier - I have no desire to add another boarding and deboarding onto a cross country flight for some more miles.... I have zero desire to spend anymore time on these uncomfortable germ filled people-mailing tubes than absolutely necessary :-)

regards,
Mike
Old Feb 13, 12, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have no desire to add another boarding and deboarding onto a cross country flight for some more miles....
Difference between a Silver and Gold right there....
Old Feb 13, 12, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
Difference between a Silver and Gold right there....
+1...and a good reminder of the fact that not every FlyerTalker is focused on the journey and the miles...some actually want to get somewhere...easy to forget when you spend a lot of time in FlyerTalk world...for me, keep those double and triple connections coming....
Old Feb 24, 12, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
+1...and a good reminder of the fact that not every FlyerTalker is focused on the journey and the miles...some actually want to get somewhere...easy to forget when you spend a lot of time in FlyerTalk world...for me, keep those double and triple connections coming....
Exactly. Years ago, I might have been completely thrilled with more segments and miles for a cross country trip..
Now, in my old age pushing 30 - no way.. Maybe because I'm tall and I like free booze, but I prefer 9 out of 10 times to get where I'm going quicker and comfortably rather than miles and other future-promises....

Airline loyalty programs suck - lets face it. If you must fly 80-100+ segments a year, yeah it is worth it - but other than that, grab the cheap fare when you can for short trips and pay for first class when you gotta make a long trip. You'll end up a happier and richer camper over a long period doing that vs trying to be loyal to one airline that'll screw you in a heartbeat.

regards,

Mike
Old Feb 26, 12, 8:52 am

Exactly. Years ago, I might have been completely thrilled with more segments and miles for a cross country trip..
Now, in my old age pushing 30 - no way..
I both laugh at the idea that pushing 30 is old, and understand what you mean. I used to fly LGA-IAD-ROC to grab every mile. A couple years ago I started taking LGA/JFK-ROC on US or B6. It just wasn't worth the hassle, even though I was leaving miles on the table. Too much of a time suck, and my time has such value now as I also approach 30

Airline loyalty programs suck - lets face it. If you must fly 80-100+ segments a year, yeah it is worth it - but other than that, grab the cheap fare when you can for short trips and pay for first class when you gotta make a long trip. You'll end up a happier and richer camper over a long period doing that vs trying to be loyal to one airline that'll screw you in a heartbeat.
I disagree. When I joined my company, several colleagues were flying 30-60k miles a year as kayakers, receiving no perks. Almost 4 years later, with a little guidance, each has earned hundreds of thousands of miles and been upgraded numerous times just through consolidation. Loyalty has created opportunities they previously did not have, and as mid and low tier elites, they seem fairly happy. I think this is a YMMV situation.

Search this Thread