Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is BF Service gone from HNL flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Is BF Service gone from HNL flights?

Reports on this forum seem to indicate that BF meal service is gone from mainland to HNL flights. Can anyone confirm this? They are still being marketed as BF flights which could be grounds for legal action.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
BF doesn't mean anything. The HI flights haven't been the same level of service found on other BF marketed flights for years.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
It doesn't matter. If customers were promised a step-up in service (ala BF) and received regular domestic service, this is grounds for false advertising.

As a side note, all HNL menus has seemingly been dropped from this page.

Originally Posted by mduell
BF doesn't mean anything. The HI flights haven't been the same level of service found on other BF marketed flights for years.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Aloha1
They are still being marketed as BF flights which could be grounds for legal action.
You are paying the airlines for valuable transportation services in your ticketed cabin (e.g., a seat moving at roughly 450 miles per hour), nothing more. The distinctions between types of business class seat and the soft product are irrelevant as far as the CoC is concerned.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
WRONG!! I am paying for what was ADVERTISED on the CO website and which is STILL being called BF with a SPECIFIC definition. What is being reported as of today is certainly NOT what was being represented. Ergo, false and misleading advertising; bait and switch, conspiracy to mislead, etc. You pick your poison, but this is a HUGE error from the bean counting dungeon.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mduell
Not true. BF lite is the common term used for years about the Hawaii service. It has been posted as such, sold as such, and delivered as such. Until now.

It almost looks like somebody decided that Hawaii is now part of North America and not in the Central Pacific. Bad move

UAInsider better jump in quick or at least get the Legal guys involved before this goes nuclear.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP

UAInsider better jump in quick or at least get the Legal guys involved before this goes nuclear.
wow with that level of drama I would think you wrote copy for the partisan cable news channels.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by njcommodore
wow with that level of drama I would think you wrote copy for the partisan cable news channels.
Ha ha, that's a pretty funny remark, although I think the drama is still way below the partisan cable news channels to even be cosidered for inclusion there...

But seriously, as far a false advertising, I don't think this applies, even if the level of service provided is below that advertised, since the CoC carries a "subject to change" clause that pretty much allows the company to change the product at will.

Don't get me wrong, I think it stinks that this service keeps getting watered down, even as the fares remain very hefty (you can easily pay nearly $5,000 to fly EWR-HNL in the premium cabin). But I'm not sure there is much that can be done about it, especially since the only options involve products with mostly standard domestic FC service.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:46 pm

Not quite. We can protest, sign petitions, complain to employees and SMI/J, and deflect to DL/AA/US, showing UA/CO our receipts for other airlines.

This applies not only to watered down HNL service, but to other devaluations and cuts being made to domestic F.

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
But I'm not sure there is much that can be done about it, especially since the only options involve products with mostly standard domestic FC service.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Not true. BF lite is the common term used for years about the Hawaii service. It has been posted as such, sold as such, and delivered as such. Until now.
Why call it BF lite if it was BF? Ah right, it wasn't BF, it was something less. It's still something less than BF after being degraded more.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:08 pm

Programs: Spg Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, United 1k
Business First to Hawaii - Just a Big Seat

Just got off my flight today HNL-EWR.

What has disappeared since last year.

- Business First Pillows and Blankets - replaced with old domestic pillows and blankets.
- Food - No Menus. Similar to old domestic Mid-Con service.
2 Choices (chicken or pasta)
Single course service, all food at once.
Ice Cream Sundae Cart
Fish Appetizer
Salad
Warm Nuts

The only thing left thats business first is the seats.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:12 pm

No sundaes at all? That goes against the published policy.

Originally Posted by luxetraveller
Just got off my flight today HNL-EWR.

What has disappeared since last year.

- Business First Pillows and Blankets - replaced with old domestic pillows and blankets.
- Food - No Menus. Similar to old domestic Mid-Con service.
2 Choices (chicken or pasta)
Single course service, all food at once.
Ice Cream Sundae Cart
Fish Appetizer
Salad
Warm Nuts

The only thing left thats business first is the seats.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Not quite. We can protest, sign petitions, complain to employees and SMI/J, and deflect to DL/AA/US, showing UA/CO our receipts for other airlines.

This applies not only to watered down HNL service, but to other devaluations and cuts being made to domestic F.
Absolutely, but that's not the same thing as claiming false advertising.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
... showing UA/CO our receipts for other airlines.
I bet they have NO IDEA how much money they're going to lose over this!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
No sundaes at all? That goes against the published policy.
That's right. Looking at the post you quoted from, it says right above your comment:

Ice Cream Sundae Cart
They've cut things back so much, all the FA's do is push the empty Sundae cart down the aisles to make sure the passengers recognize how far back the cutbacks have gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.