Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade granted...Denied Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
The problems continue to grow. We had put in for mileage upgrades going LAS to EWR back in Nov and the day before we were scheduled I got the good news email. I logged in, selected our seats and log out. Got to the airport to check in and got "special handling required" mess. Turns out DW's upgrade had been taken back. GA said "well it is just a complimentary upgrade so what is the big deal?". I informed her it was a mileage upgrade and then she told me DW was first on the list and there were still 4 seats that hand not checked in......In the end we both got upgraded, even sat together but that did not happen until 10 minutes to departure. CO customer service has gone from very good to very bad....it is sad.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gene2632
The problems continue to grow. We had put in for mileage upgrades going LAS to EWR back in Nov and the day before we were scheduled I got the good news email. I logged in, selected our seats and log out. Got to the airport to check in and got "special handling required" mess. Turns out DW's upgrade had been taken back. GA said "well it is just a complimentary upgrade so what is the big deal?". I informed her it was a mileage upgrade and then she told me DW was first on the list and there were still 4 seats that hand not checked in......In the end we both got upgraded, even sat together but that did not happen until 10 minutes to departure. CO customer service has gone from very good to very bad....it is sad.
Who or what is DW?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Assuming ANC has mobile boarding passes (I don't know if it does), you can just refresh your mobile boarding pass (it's easy to do via the iPhone App) and show it to the FA if s/he asks.

But yes, this sounds like gate agent dereliction of duty, particularly if the FC seat remained open.
Unfortunately this doesn't work any longer at the new "United" ...at least for me
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
DW is "dear wife"......who is also CO Silver Elite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.