Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

EWR Connection Question (RE: Security Re-clearing)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

I have some questions regarding the photo below:

Can I walk between the "fingers" of Terminal C without re-clearing security?

In addition, the photo seems to indicate that there is a inter-terminal bus (inside security) that goes between Terminal C and Piers A2 and A1 in Terminal A. Is this true? Do they check boarding passes prior to boarding the bus?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 5:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by warreng24

Can I walk between the "fingers" of Terminal C without re-clearing security?
yes, the fingers are connected after security.

Originally Posted by warreng24

there is a inter-terminal bus (inside security) that goes between Terminal C and Piers A2 and A1 in Terminal A. Is this true? Do they check boarding passes prior to boarding the bus?
It is true, but they check boarding passes.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by njcommodore
It is true, but they check boarding passes.

Is not always been the case... I was able to go from C-A on the bus without a check a couple of times. Its hit-or-miss
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I know the OP did not say that they were arriving on an international flight, but, FWIW, if you are, you will still need to re-clear security in any case.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by coolcoil
I know the OP did not say that they were arriving on an international flight, but, FWIW, if you are, you will still need to re-clear security in any case.
Not only that, but you will need to clear immigration and customs, and pick you your checked bag (if you have one) and then re-check it.

Also, please note that some CO international flights arrive at Terminal B.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Also, please note that some CO international flights arrive at Terminal B.
Also, some COEX RJ145 flights arrive at Terminal C, instead of A.

As far as checking BP's to use the bus, I've had a long wait at A and took the bus to C for the restaurants. Just told the person checking that I was coming back. Never any issues. I think the reason they check is to make sure that your connecting flight didn't change to the Terminal you're about to depart from.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Also, some COEX RJ145 flights arrive at Terminal C, instead of A.
Arrive and depart.

I have had flights scheduled to depart out of Terminal A changed shortly before boarding from Terminal A to Terminal C...

Also, if you take one of the ERJ's that is arriving from YQB, then you will be arriving at Terminal C, since YQB is one of the Canadian airports that does not have pre-clearance facilities and Terminal A does not have immigration & customs.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:14 am

Termina A or C to B

I read that the Airtrain was "post security" however last time I was at Term B there was security as you entered Term B after the Airtrain Someone connecting from a domestic to an Int'l flight I believe would have to pass security AFTER the airtrain from A or C Do I have this correct or has things changed in the last 2 years
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:16 am

If yoy travel to B for an Int'l connection from A or C do you have to re clear security at Term B after the Airtrain as was the case 2 years ago?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by dc9robbo
I read that the Airtrain was "post security" however last time I was at Term B there was security as you entered Term B after the Airtrain Someone connecting from a domestic to an Int'l flight I believe would have to pass security AFTER the airtrain from A or C Do I have this correct or has things changed in the last 2 years

AirTrain is outside of security.

For any connection involving Terminal B, (to or from) you will need to reclear security.

Curious as to where you read AirTrain was post-security?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:30 am

I read "I FLY.COM " which is prominent if you serch for EWR airport I read it there unless I mis read it but it keeps saying airtrain is "post Security"
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
It's probably confusing the AirTrain (outside security/serves terminals, parking, and Amtrak/NJ Transit) with the bus between Terminals A and C, which is inside security. CO flights at Terminal B are only arriving international flights, and all incoming international flights (including those coming into Terminal C) require re-clearing security for connections.

There probably aren't enough connections from A&C to Terminal B to justify a bus.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:57 am

The problem is that I have a domestic flight that arrives A or C at 17.30 connecting with a B departure at 19.30 However there ar 6 or more Int'l departures and I'm sure security at B will be a long wait plus the "30 minutes on board " for an Int'l dept would make that tight My option is to sit at EWR for 7 hours prior to an all nighter to UK
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
2 hours is plenty of time. You'll be fine.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore
2 hours is plenty of time. You'll be fine.
+1. For a domestic-international connection, two hours is more than enough.

Just curious, what is your routing (and on what carriers), and is it one ticket, or two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.