FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Dear Continental, can I have my Regional Upgrades back? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1301218-dear-continental-can-i-have-my-regional-upgrades-back.html)

octopic Jan 11, 2012 8:22 am

Dear Continental, can I have my Regional Upgrades back?

Logged into my account this morning and discovered that not only have the SWUs still not posted (@#$%!), but that my regional upgrades are now gone. Very frustrating to say the least...

channa Jan 11, 2012 9:59 am

This could be the Elite status issues they're experiencing trickling down through the various systems.

jg3rd Jan 11, 2012 10:02 am

You might want to check

...your "account activity" screen and see if they are still there. Mine are showing there, but not on the summary screen. I have no idea what that means.

These are the ones that mysteriously posted earlier this week. My previous 2 are still showing on both pages.

FWIW

zrs70 Jan 11, 2012 10:10 am

Mine are gone as well. But I think they were put into my account by accident anyway.

NITISH Jan 11, 2012 10:24 am

Mine are gone as well? I received 2 for passing 100k then got 2 more 1/4/2012 which are now removed. I thought I got them for being million miler but I guess it was a mistake. And still no SWU:(

terminalc Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Same for me. And I'm back to OnePass Member (again!) instead of Plat.

Personally, I'm really enjoying these IT issues. I'm one of the owners of a IT consulting/development company located about 20 blocks from 1600 Smith. Some years ago at a DO one of the VPs (I forget his name) in charge of OnePass talked endlessly about how much he'd like to do technology wise but was limited by resources, logistics, etc.

My biz partner & I talked to him later asking for the opportunity to present our portfolio & references. What he said he needed is what we do (& do very well.)

We spend almost our TPAC (well over 100 RTs for me) travel $ with CO/UA (NW at the time) and would have liked the opportunity to earn their business. And we're located very close to their offices. He was clearly annoyed, condescending & grew more pompous as we talked with him. We never got an appointment.

I really feel for those who this is an inconvenience. Though I don't have my SWUs & my status keeps changing, I'm LMAO.

channa Jan 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by terminalc (Post 17797396)
He was clearly annoyed, condescending & grew more pompous as we talked with him.

Mark Bergsrud?

terminalc Jan 11, 2012 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 17797433)
Mark Bergsrud?

That's him. How could I forget? I cannot possibly imagine talking to one of my customers as he spoke to us.

entropy Jan 11, 2012 10:02 pm

I cannot possibly imagine talking to one of my customers as he spoke to us.
its kinda like being on a video to your customers saying "thank you" and that you're working hard to improve their experience while taking away pillows, meals, free IFE and blankets"

terminalc Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by entropy (Post 17797503)
its kinda like being on a video to your customers saying "thank you" and that you're working hard to improve their experience while taking away pillows, meals, free IFE and blankets"

You're right.

Right after 9/11 during that particular airline crisis Bethune said "now's not the time to take the cheese off the pizza." Don't we miss that philosophy?

UA-NYC Jan 12, 2012 5:59 am

Originally Posted by terminalc (Post 17797396)
Same for me. And I'm back to OnePass Member (again!) instead of Plat.

Personally, I'm really enjoying these IT issues. I'm one of the owners of a IT consulting/development company located about 20 blocks from 1600 Smith. Some years ago at a DO one of the VPs (I forget his name) in charge of OnePass talked endlessly about how much he'd like to do technology wise but was limited by resources, logistics, etc.

My biz partner & I talked to him later asking for the opportunity to present our portfolio & references. What he said he needed is what we do (& do very well.)

We spend almost our TPAC (well over 100 RTs for me) travel $ with CO/UA (NW at the time) and would have liked the opportunity to earn their business. And we're located very close to their offices. He was clearly annoyed, condescending & grew more pompous as we talked with him. We never got an appointment.

I really feel for those who this is an inconvenience. Though I don't have my SWUs & my status keeps changing, I'm LMAO.

Unfortunate but not surprising - they'll select the crap coffee supplier down the street from them in Houston to save a few $, but not something that could actually help productivity & customer service

terminalc Jan 12, 2012 6:57 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 17798863)
Unfortunate but not surprising - they'll select the crap coffee supplier down the street from them in Houston to save a few $, but not something that could actually help productivity & customer service

So true, but I've remained a loyal customer in spite of that experience and surely will until I pass 4MM (yes, they have me pegged.) But wouldn't most of us prefer an honest FO instead of "here's my private #" that never gets past the gatekeeper? Is not our time not just as valuable?

Not wanting to digress too much, I must tell a story. I have a friend who works at the largest adult beverage chain in Houston. One day when buying my supplies to get through the week I noticed an awful wine I'd been served on my prior BF trip. I asked my friend why they were selling that bilge & he said they'd been overwhelmed with requests for it by CO fliers. As this store is down Smith Street we both wondered if those requests had been from CO. Neither of us could imagine it was from fliers who'd drank it. I think it's price point was about $7.

Argh. After 3 weeks in BKK where good drink is outrageously xp I'm looking forward to my flights back to IAH Monday. It's pathetic when one looks forward to BF wines.

I digress too much...

GeneDoc Jan 12, 2012 9:46 am

Same for me

Crossed 100K nearly a month ago now. Still no SWUs and some shennanigans with the regionals (+2, +2, -2). Sigh.:confused:

Vulcan Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Crossed 100k 12/26.

Still no SWUs
2 CR1s appeared 3-4 days ago and are now gone.

Things seem out of control.

COmciUA Jan 12, 2012 1:04 pm

They do, and I am disappointed that there have been no updates from the insiders on this. Seems like a crucial enough matter that needs to be addressed.

GeneDoc Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Showed up tonight. SWUs have a 1/31/13 expiration.^

TommyC80 Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 17801076)
Crossed 100k 12/26.

Still no SWUs
2 CR1s appeared 3-4 days ago and are now gone.

Things seem out of control.

Identical situation - except my SWUs posted a few hours ago. CR-1s are still missing...

octopic Jan 13, 2012 8:01 am

Same here as well! Glad to get the SWUs, but would like the regionals as well. I wonder what would've happened if I had used them before they disappeared... Would they have revoked the upgrades?

octopic Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Regionals now seem to be back! If only my miles from my flights last week would post...

COmciUA Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Regionals redeposited with Jan 2013 expiration. About time they sorted out this nonsense.

zigenbock Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Yep - just got my regionals as well.

Vulcan Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Finally. 6 SWU and 2 Regionals have posted with a 1/31/2013 exp date.

mst1 Jan 14, 2012 7:12 am

I passed 100k on Dec-29 and yesterday received 2 additional regional upgrades, so sign of SWU.

I still have one SWU from last year that expires at the end of Feb; I'm planning an International flight at the beginning of March, does anyone know if the expiration date on the SWU is the date you have to apply it to a flight, or the date you actually fly?