Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental iPhone app is no longer supported

Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum

When I try to book in the Continental app, I get the above message and tells me to use the United app. United app does not allow award booking.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:56 am

Wasn't even aware of a CO app. Just thought there was one.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:02 am

At least your iPhone app says the app is no longer supported. My Android app just won't take my FFP number and PIN... always invalid.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Thumbs down Continental App No Longer Supported -- Issues with United App

I am posting this here as a heads-up to you all, plus with hope that someone from CO/UA will see it, and be able to forward it to someone who may have a solution/fix/suggestion.

Since getting my Android Phone, I have come to enjoy my Continental (and United) apps. I use both, as the CO has my OnePass information, as well as my upcoming CO flights, while the UA, obviously displays my lone upcoming UA-booked flight.

Anyway, I went to use the CO app this morning to check the status of a flight, and recieved the message "We are in the process of merging two aitlines, and this applucation is no longer supported. Please download the United Airlines application, or visit mobile.united.com"

The problem is, I cannot log into the United app with my Continental credentials, as it says invalid information, and the mobile.united.com does not show my "upcoming reservations", in fact, the tab once logged in, does not even apppear.

Furthermore, even if I could login, I would have to always be logging in/out of my CO/UA accounts to view each program's information, which is a pain.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Wasn't even aware of a CO app. Just thought there was one.
The CO app has been around a long time - the UA app is based on the CO app.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Platinum/UA 1K/Global Entry
Interesting. My UA app works fine with my CO info. Did you try using your Onepass # rather than Username?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by jgs172
Interesting. My UA app works fine with my CO info. Did you try using your Onepass # rather than Username?
I don't even have a username, so I have always used my OP#
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Upgraded both apps this morning myself, and had a CO itinerary (United Express Flight, operated by Continental) viewable yesterday via the Continental App. Upon initial log in to the United App with UA credentials, the reservation was not viewable, so I logged into united.com and was able to pull up my reservation online, magically tie it to my UA FF# and now it appears in my United App.

I'm also now able to see a seat map for this flight on United.com and have the option to select a different seat.

Not sure which FF # I should be using anymore to ensure I get the right priority for an upgrade.

Not sure if this is helpful, but if you have a UA confirmation number you may be able to pull it up on united.com and perhaps it will appear.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
This is lame. Why not continue to support it until the FF programs are merged? Having both allows not having to switch FF info back and forth between the two. I realize the apps are otherwise the same.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:48 am

I deleted, then reinstalled the United app, and can now login using my OP credentials. My upcoming flights appear under "My Account" > Upcoming Reservations, however, they do not appear on the home screen under "Reservations"

I have to agree that this is quite an awkward time to discontinue support if the CO app, before the complete merger of both programs is complete. Also, the United App does lack some functionability that the CO app has (chiefly the flight status push notifications), but I am sure there are others.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
Merge Accounts

More than three months ago, CO offered the opportunity to merge CO and UA accounts. Since then, the UA app has recognized me by my OnePass ID & PW. Works very well in all aspects. Go through the account merger exercise and all will be well.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by kymrbill
More than three months ago, CO offered the opportunity to merge CO and UA accounts. Since then, the UA app has recognized me by my OnePass ID & PW. Works very well in all aspects. Go through the account merger exercise and all will be well.
My accounts have been merged for well beyond 3 months, but that does not fix the fact that there are still programs, whos data is combined only behind the scenes, and will not display the other programs information or upcoming flights. And obviously the UA app does not handle CO data correctly when logged into a CO account.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, NEXUS, Global Entry
The United app was updated yesteday, the CO app was updated today.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:44 am

Is the full flight status page available for CO flights on the UA app. I mean can we see where the aircraft is coming from, upgrade list, IFE options, etc. Previously you really had to use the respective apps for each airline (i.e. the CO app only displayed flight status (time) info for UA flights, no upgrade list, IFE, seat map)
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by drewguy
This is lame. Why not continue to support it until the FF programs are merged? Having both allows not having to switch FF info back and forth between the two. I realize the apps are otherwise the same.
Or how about having an app that could store both logins? @:-) Sadly, evidence suggests that UA brings little IT expertise to the table.

Originally Posted by nova08
Is the full flight status page available for CO flights on the UA app. I mean can we see where the aircraft is coming from, upgrade list, IFE options, etc. Previously you really had to use the respective apps for each airline (i.e. the CO app only displayed flight status (time) info for UA flights, no upgrade list, IFE, seat map)
Yes to all (even if logged in with UA info). Though in general the availability of this stuff on the app for any flight (UA or CO) is not 100% IME.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.