RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Old May 25, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Plat, HH Dia
How do I "nudge" past the threshold ??

My OLD perks plus account with united is 359 points away from a UC one year membership that is 20,000 points in the old system and 55,000 (!!) in the new Perks Plus. Does anyone know if they are still crediting points to the old tally so I may still be able to snag that membership or should I just resign myself to paying for it !!
Old May 25, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by pgur
My OLD perks plus account with united is 359 points away from a UC one year membership that is 20,000 points in the old system and 55,000 (!!) in the new Perks Plus. Does anyone know if they are still crediting points to the old tally so I may still be able to snag that membership or should I just resign myself to paying for it !!
The old CO program, RewardOne, shows credits through March. I don't believe they are crediting any further points. I'd expect the same for the old UA prgram. It's certainly far enough into May that I'd expect April points to have posted if they were going to. I wish I were wrong, as I'm a smidgeon away from my desired reward on the CO side.

Last edited by Xyzzy; May 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm
Old May 25, 2012, 3:09 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
As a follow-up to using these certificates:
I am currently 1 hour and 26 minutes into a call (I called the # on the back of the 1 K card) and got a fatantisic agent who is working with a supervisor.

Basically, I am trying to use a 'ROEET' for 2 people to go TPA-EWR-HKG-EWR-TPA next Feb for the Chinese New Year in HKG. The certificate for 2 people and says "R" class must be available. Check. R Class is available. When I input all the info, including the promo code (11ER81), it defaults to a screen that says 'no seats are available, call UA'. So I called. After explaning, the agent called in a supervisor and they have been working on it for over an hour.

Some of the things she told me:
1. Even though the certificate is for 2 people, it must be done one person at a time.
2. Do not enter a FF#, as the system assumes you want to earn miles.

Hopefully, these tips will help someone. Note that I was told that there was no longer a 'specialty desk' that used to handle these situations.

Edited to add: success at 1 hour and 40 minutes, including seat assignments.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:23 am

Nothing is ever easy. It has now taken 2 more phone calls. After 55 minutes on the phone today, the reservations were finally ticketed, after being 'stuck' or 'out of sync' (for 2 weeks) that apparently no one could free up until I got lucky and found the right person.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:01 pm

Per my post #80 ROEET seemed to work for you to Asia... I wonder if that will transition to requiring a ROEEE at some point. The PerksPlus version of ROEET just isn't very special.

I'm still waiting a few days to cash in for my ROEET. They said we had until June 30th but there's another deadline on June 15th (related to earning I think) so I think I might pull the trigger before then just in case even though since I'll only loose 2 weeks of validity.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:31 pm

As long as you have your ducks in a row with flights that have R availability and can get an agent who is willing to spend some time and work with a supervisor, it should work. Just be prepared for a lot of agravation.

I would still try to do it mysef online. When I did a test (TPA-EZE-TPA) where I knew R seats were available, it let me go all the way to the last screen where it would ticket, so I backed off. It may be that I was only looking at 1 seat in that scenario.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:28 pm

I took 2 screenshots and stored them at Dropbox for reference in case they give me any trouble. It's just really confusing when there are 2 vastly different ROEET definitions and the text "reward chart subject to change" but I'll just cross my finders.

Reward Chart:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4279632/Rewa...2020120607.png

Redeem Points:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4279632/Rewa...2020120607.png

These links will expire in the future so take screenshots yourself or download these locally.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:45 pm

Just to add to the confusion, my certificates state that they are good for "Australia-New Zealand". I'm pretty sure the new ones do not have these destinations listed.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:33 am

Are these certificates electronic (email or website?) or do they by change still mail them? I'm out of the country so hoping they're electronic as it'll probably be an extra special challenge to deal with these if I lose the paper versions.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The BF certificate I ordered and received was electrnic.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 4:54 am

I just tried to redeem so I wouldn't forget before the deadline and I'm getting:

"! There has been an error processing your request. Please check input and try again."

I tried different permutations of blank, 0, 1, 46 (points), etc. but all lead to the same error. Anyone else redeem at http://rewardone.united.com with success recently?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 5:02 am

I tried ordering every item individually and all of them proceed to the "shopping cart" page properly except for these 3:

- ROEEN - 28 - First "domestic"
- ROTET - 28 - Economy from US
- ROEET - 46 - BusinessFirst from US
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:54 pm

I just called 800-395-4922 as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...one-needs.html

The automated response initially said it was a MileagePlus line so I figured I'd have to explain a lot but it may be a special number as the agent I got had no confusion about what RewardOne was. She jumped right in and I just needed my account #, PIN/password (I changed this to a number before hand because felt weirding sharing a non-numeric password), name, mailing address, and email. Apparently the error I received for the above 3 rewards is expected as she said those must now be manually requested. I requested a 46-point ROEET and she said it can take 3-5 business days to process and I'll received something by email. If anyone of you are waiting until closer to June 30th I say you go for it now.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:14 am

Anyone redeem over the phone recently? It's been a full week and I have not seen any emails regarding the BF reward I had to call in to redeem on Friday. I redeemed for club passes and drink vouchers with the residual points and those generated instant email confirmations (not sure if anything has been in mail since I'm out of town).
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:47 pm

Completely confused. Have over 56 points CO and am afraid to lose its value. What should I do ? UA hasn't given me an answer re: new valuation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.