Best seat on the Island Hopper

Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
was this eastbound or westbound?
Originally Posted by mw362
westbound. HNL-GUM. The eastbound was flying at night.
Originally Posted by Michael El
Just to clarify which way was the left side best? HNL-GUM or GUM-HNL?

I just booked the Hopper GUM-HNL for March 23rd.
Doh.....just read above posts so I booked the right side for my eastbound GUM-HNL flight.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Keep your boarding pass and seat assignment within reach. You might book and get assigned the seat you want, but things often get changed when you arent looking. (from personal experience, but I havent flown it in 4 yrs)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
Did the Island Hopper earlier this month. Based on some rec I think I read here, I booked 8 A and B. Those seats worked out well. Every island had the best views I believe with the possible exception of Pohnpei where the right side was the island side while landing. Didn't do Kosrae, it was a Wednesday, four islands only. Left side worked out great for picture taking on Kwajelein, until I got shut down by an FA for security reasons. Still snapped off a few good one though and haven't had any visits by the FBI yet.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
I just booked LAX-HNL-Hopper-KIX-LAX in August for $944. Thought it was a pretty good steal. Is 8A a good seat for the island hopper, or do I need to move over to 8F?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
I just booked LAX-HNL-Hopper-KIX-LAX in August for $944. Thought it was a pretty good steal. Is 8A a good seat for the island hopper, or do I need to move over to 8F?
I thought the views on the left side were better than the right when I flew it.

Chris
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
I thought the views on the left side were better than the right when I flew it.

Chris
I feel dumb asking this, but when you say the "left side," from what perspective are you speaking. Left side if I were looking at the cockpit, or looking back at the end of the plane?

Also, is it right that UDU/RPU is out on this now?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
I feel dumb asking this, but when you say the "left side," from what perspective are you speaking. Left side if I were looking at the cockpit, or looking back at the end of the plane?

Also, is it right that UDU/RPU is out on this now?
The A side. Sorry for not being clearer. As for the UDU, I think it's still a possibility, but you have to clear for every segment otherwise you're resigned to coach.

Chris
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
The A side. Sorry for not being clearer. As for the UDU, I think it's still a possibility, but you have to clear for every segment otherwise you're resigned to coach.

Chris
Anybody have any luck getting a CPU on the Island Hopper lately? It seems that this may be a perk that has been eliminated.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I had R on 5/6 segments, but not TKK-GUM and was therefore denied at the gate. Not cool at all.

http://upgrd.com/matthew/united-airl...t-flights.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.