Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Service Center Not Accepting Calls

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
I doubt that CO employees want customers to be on hold for 40 minutes - my guess is that management doesn't believe in staffing OPSC to a level necessary to end the very long wait times.

Customer Service isn't rocket science - you either believe in it, and staff the function accordingly, or you give it lip service.
Agreed.

And it's not like call center metrics are some nebulous immeasurable quantity.
With the sophisticated software available nowadays, it's quite easy to
determine all the relevant metrics... wait time, call length, escalations, etc.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by tanlines
Over an hour on hold tonite for OPSC via the plat. line.

"We are swamped with calls" was the excuse.....

Ridiculous.

This shouldn't happen through the Elite line. Did you verify that you were talking to a bona fide Elite agent who can transfer you to the Elite OPSC number? If not, you may have been transferred to the regular OPSC number, as only Elite agents can transfer to the Elite OPSC number.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by channa
This shouldn't happen through the Elite line. Did you verify that you were talking to a bona fide Elite agent who can transfer you to the Elite OPSC number? If not, you may have been transferred to the regular OPSC number, as only Elite agents can transfer to the Elite OPSC number.
who knows, anymore..... I called the elite line... spent about 12 minutes on hold waiting for the first agent. they *said* they transferred me to the elite OPSC, but who knows... 48 minutes on hold waiting for *that* person, and then they had to transfer me to "a manager", and that was another 5 minutes on hold.

The last two both said they were "inundated" with calls this week, and that
it had been a "very long day."
Old Dec 28, 2011, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by tanlines
who knows, anymore..... I called the elite line... spent about 12 minutes on hold waiting for the first agent. they *said* they transferred me to the elite OPSC, but who knows... 48 minutes on hold waiting for *that* person, and then they had to transfer me to "a manager", and that was another 5 minutes on hold.

The last two both said they were "inundated" with calls this week, and that
it had been a "very long day."
Wow, that's never happened to me as a elite, and i hope it NEVER will
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
I am praying that we end up with the United 1K customer service team post this merger. All I can say is that CO Plat is an awful disgrace for servicing. The Platinum email support has taking almost three MONTHS to resolve an issue - it took almost one MONTH to acknowledge my original email - and then I was told it was forwarded for further investigation.

Compare that with 1KVoice which regularly responds in a matter of days 2-3 and you get a response wich is in some way coorelated with your actual inquiry! From what I can see -- I don't know how anyone can think the CO side of the shop is the model to copy. We have now fully degraded the check-in / elite experience...I pray that service is not next!

Another interestign tidbid - the LAX "United Club" on the CO side (terminal six?) does not realise they are a United Club. I entered with a boarding pass to SYD and they asked if I wanted to visit the United Club - when I pointed out the sing above the agents head she said ... oh they just changed the name. It took the agent at LAX almost 10 minutes to figure out how to check in this United 1K...she did not even know what 1K was and I had to pull out my card to prove that 1K = Star Gold. Who is running the training for the mob -- just incredibly incompentant from what I can see!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
Another interestign tidbid - the LAX "United Club" on the CO side (terminal six?) does not realise they are a United Club. I entered with a boarding pass to SYD and they asked if I wanted to visit the United Club - when I pointed out the sing above the agents head she said ... oh they just changed the name. It took the agent at LAX almost 10 minutes to figure out how to check in this United 1K...she did not even know what 1K was and I had to pull out my card to prove that 1K = Star Gold. Who is running the training for the mob -- just incredibly incompentant from what I can see!
From my experience, those people are pretty incompetent. The first (and last) time they touched my ticket, they printed me a paper ticket (instead of an eticket) and lost all my seating assignments.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:41 am

I am praying that we end up with the United 1K customer service team post this merger. All I can say is that CO Plat is an awful disgrace for servicing. The Platinum email support has taking almost three MONTHS to resolve an issue - it took almost one MONTH to acknowledge my original email - and then I was told it was forwarded for further investigation.

Compare that with 1KVoice which regularly responds in a matter of days 2-3 and you get a response wich is in some way coorelated with your actual inquiry! From what I can see -- I don't know how anyone can think the CO side of the shop is the model to copy. We have now fully degraded the check-in / elite experience...I pray that service is not next!

I don't believe that there is a "plat" or "gold" or "silver" email for co, its just [email protected] for everyone..
They sometimes respond in one week, but sometimes take months.....
It's so wierd....
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Why not go to the much larger, recently refurbed UA Club in T7?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
Why not go to the much larger, recently refurbed UA Club in T7?
Sometimes (i.e. like right after a marathon), you want to do minimal walking. That walk between T6 and T7 might not be that big but after running 26.2 miles, it feels like trying to cross the atlantic ocean by foot.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA MM, DL MM
HORRIBLE!

Fifty-seven minutes on hold - once I finally was allowed into the queue and not disconnected at the outset because they are busy. What an embarrassment.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:18 pm

Wow... I got through today in 59 seconds through the plat line...
Now.. geting to the plat line took 3 mins.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:50 pm

Gave up after 75 mins. Next time I'll try the elite number and see if that helps.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by bobsagetti
Gave up after 75 mins. Next time I'll try the elite number and see if that helps.

Haha ofcourse it helps...
When you call the elite line, they put you at the first of the line for the OPSC..
always do that, i always get through in less than a min.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:03 pm

Can't get through? Call or write the VP!

Jeffrey T. Foland
Executive Vice President and
President Mileage Plus Holdings
United Airlines
77 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
TEL: (312) 997-8144
email: [email protected]
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, going for Gold this year
On Dec 30, I got the "call Alex" and then was disconnected, called back 5 times and the same thing happened. But on the 6th call I got through.

Held 45 minutes and was helped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.