Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy one way, business the other

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, AMEX Plat & Biz Plat, CO PP & Biz PP, Chalmers Big and Tall mens shop (know the reference?)
Economy one way, business the other

Why can't you do this on Co.com anymore? Trying to do economy outbound and business back. Anyone able to do this?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Click "Multiple Destinations"
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, AMEX Plat & Biz Plat, CO PP & Biz PP, Chalmers Big and Tall mens shop (know the reference?)
Tried it, it always defaults back to business both ways. Try something european with their winter BF sale.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by pjczech
Tried it, it always defaults back to business both ways. Try something european with their winter BF sale.
It's possible that one of the fares you're looking at is not combinable with other types of fares.

You can do a straight business RT and read those combinability rules, then do the same with a straight coach fare. Sometimes the discounted buckets don't allow combining of fare types or classes.

If that's the case, forcing business one way may result in the cheapest fare being a business RT, since the combinable business or coach fares may be on the higher side.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
It is a glitch in the system; I tried to do that same thing and could not; call continental and they can do it; I was not charged any fees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.