Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

One Pass Service Center does not answer the phone.

Old Dec 9, 11, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum

I just sent an email (shown below) to [email protected] as the Continental Service Center is NOT answering their phones! Their standard prerecorded pep talk message just keeps playing over and over. Has anyone else ever have this problem contacting them?

========================================
Sir/Ms:

Today I tried to call.

You have two phone numbers listed:

1-800-554-5522

1-713-952-1630

I have been on hold on the one number (713) for 2 hours (yes 2 entire HOURS). No one picks up.

I have been on hold on the other number (800) for 1 hour (yes an entire HOUR). No one picks up.

Are your phone lines not working today?

I am calling in to transfer my Continental One Pass miles to the Amtrak rewards program. This can only be done by calling in.

Please give me a call back.

My cell is 320-XXX-XXXX.

Continental One Pass # WSXXXXXX

Regards,
======================================
Old Dec 9, 11, 1:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Good luck receiving an email response in a reasonable timeframe. My sole email to [email protected] was responded to in one month
Old Dec 9, 11, 1:51 pm

see my rant here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...p-benifit.html
Old Dec 9, 11, 1:58 pm

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
When I called earlier this week, the recording told me they were too busy and immediately hung up on me.
Old Dec 9, 11, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
I was just on hold for about an hour and decided to hang up.

I called the 713 number, and wasn't prompted for my OP number (Plat) to expedite anything...

I'm just trying to get some miles to convert to Amtrak, but am not willing to wait that long.

Another sad state of affairs for CO!

-jeremy
Old Dec 9, 11, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Continental250K View Post
Never an issue here
same here. alben, do you have status with UA/CO? If so, call the elite line and ask to be transfered to the Onepass Service Center. I've sometimes called the 713# if I don't go through the elite desk. Try when they first open in the morning.
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:23 pm

Programs: M&M Sen
Originally Posted by alben View Post
I just sent an email (shown below) to [email protected] as the Continental Service Center is NOT answering their phones! Their standard prerecorded pep talk message just keeps playing over and over. Has anyone else ever have this problem contacting them?

========================================

1-713-952-1630

I have been on hold on the one number (713) for 2 hours (yes 2 entire HOURS). No one picks up.

I have been on hold on the other number (800) for 1 hour (yes an entire HOUR). No one picks ===
You needed to wait longer, took me close to 3 hours earlier this week before I got to an agent!
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
No. I do not have status. I had a bunch of United miles, which I transferred to Continental, which in turn I would like to transfer to Amtrak before the end of the month.

I have a Continental OnePass card which I obtained 6 months ago to get a bunch of sign up miles.

I have never flown with Continental, and after this experience, I never will. If this is the way Continental runs their business, I can only imagine what it must be like to fly with them. I'll be cancelling the card as well before the annual fee kicks in, no need to have it if I won't be flying with them...
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, Hilton D, Mariott/SPG Plat Elite, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by alben View Post
No. I do not have status. I had a bunch of United miles, which I transferred to Continental, which in turn I would like to transfer to Amtrak before the end of the month.

I have a Continental OnePass card which I obtained 6 months ago to get a bunch of sign up miles.

I have never flown with Continental, and after this experience, I never will. If this is the way Continental runs their business, I can only imagine what it must be like to fly with them. I'll be cancelling the card as well before the annual fee kicks in, no need to have it if I won't be flying with them...
The OPSC is probably the worst customer service experience you can find at Continental. Flying them is much more comparable with other airlines.
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
The OPSC is probably the worst customer service experience you can find at Continental. Flying them is much more comparable with other airlines.
Hear hear. As I've said - actually flying CO is a very good experience, it's just the before & after that has its challenges and is a source of eternal frustration.
Old Dec 9, 11, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Indeed.....I did a status match on Continental this summer and after having to call in to change an award ticket and getting customer service that was incredibly pathetic I decided to discard the idea of every flying Continental. They may be a great airliine to fly on but I can NOT get past the horrible phone service.

I have about 110K Continental miles that I would trade for something. Need to find out how to do it.
Old Dec 9, 11, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by NC_Girl View Post
Indeed.....I did a status match on Continental this summer and after having to call in to change an award ticket and getting customer service that was incredibly pathetic I decided to discard the idea of every flying Continental. They may be a great airliine to fly on but I can NOT get past the horrible phone service.

I have about 110K Continental miles that I would trade for something. Need to find out how to do it.
you're basing that one 1 experience? Yikes.
Old Dec 9, 11, 5:41 pm

Programs: AF/KL: FB Gold, A3 *G, DL GM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silv, IHG Plat Ambassador
I've been on hold for over an hour. What's the deal?
Old Dec 9, 11, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cswarthout View Post
I've been on hold for over an hour. What's the deal?
SOP unless short-cutting in via the Elite line it seems now
Old Dec 10, 11, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore View Post
you're basing that one 1 experience? Yikes.
Yes, I had to call in at least 4-5 different times with extended holds, and in the end no resolution on a refund for almost $300 in taxes for my award tickets so I had to finally dispute the charge with my CC to get my money back. It was NOT a one time, "oh I had to hold on-line for 1 hour, I will never fly them" type of thing. It was a 2 month long fight with them.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: