Search

Dont be persistent, they'll punish you,

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 2:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Dont be persistent, they'll punish you,

The racketeers at CO will show you who the boss is should you be persistent about getting your miles posted. I've contacted the Elite desk several times about a Sept flight in which the miles have not yet posted "due to a glitch in the system" The first few times I called, it would be handled in a few days, then a few weeks, then a month. When I dared called after a month, it then became 60 days, and now, after one more contact, it will be 90 more days. It will probably be around February when the mileage creatures at CO fork over what is mine, so my 2 January flights will be without my Silver status, as I will be about 1500 miles short with about 4K miles not having been posted. Happy merger

Last edited by chasbondy; Nov 27, 2011 at 2:49 am Reason: to be nicer
Old Nov 27, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Perhaps you should try calling again rather than taking the response to wait and actually listening to it? Additionally, you should get a ball rolling via email.

If you absolutely need silver status (not that Silver is actually going to be that great next year), you could buy the EQM outright. Yes, you're giving Continental more money, but it would appear that you believe that you're getting value for having status.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by chasbondy
The racketeers at CO will show you who the boss is should you be persistent about getting your miles posted. I've contacted the Elite desk several times about a Sept flight in which the miles have not yet posted "due to a glitch in the system" The first few times I called, it would be handled in a few days, then a few weeks, then a month. When I dared called after a month, it then became 60 days, and now, after one more contact, it will be 90 more days. It will probably be around February when the mileage creatures at CO fork over what is mine, so my 2 January flights will be without my Silver status, as I will be about 1500 miles short with about 4K miles not having been posted. Happy merger
Are you calling the elite desk or the OPSC?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
This is ridiculous. While Silver might be the lowest rung on the ladder, i have saved a lot of money on bag fees, and even gotten an upgrade or 2. You should not have to pay hundreds of dollars to buy those miles when you have already flown them.

Call again. If that person can't help you, speak to their manager. Repeat as needed. Do make copies of your boarding passes if they have to be submitted as proof. Things do get lost sometimes. Make sure you have accurate list of call times, dates, and who you have spoken to. And explain the situation calmly and stick to the facts.

Good luck!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by njcommodore
Are you calling the elite desk or the OPSC?
Both. I think they are one in the same. They want to make sure that you know who the boss is, and it aint the customer.
And just to spite them, our group of 8 WWII study group have decided to take Northwurst instead of CO to see the lowlands and the Ardennes in northern Europe in December, which probably amounts to 1/3 of a years salary for one of those customer no-service agents.
(Boy, if the filth read this, it will be 6 more months before my miles get credited)

Last edited by chasbondy; Nov 27, 2011 at 9:25 am Reason: to be nicer
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I have stated many times that miles posting is a major weakness on Continental's part. Not only this, but their reaction to it and the amount of time it takes for something to post.

They should have the technology to manually post something right away or atleast within a day. There's no reason it should take 90 days. I'd go through the OPSC and send an email, and ask that your status be comped during the interim if they can't post it.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Both. I think they are one in the same. They want to make sure that you know who the boss is, and it aint the customer.
And just to spite them, our group of 8 WWII study group have decided to take Northwurst instead of CO to see the lowlands and the Ardennes in northern Europe in December, which probably amounts to 1/3 of a years salary for one of those customer no-service agents.
(Boy, if the filth read this, it will be 6 more months before my miles get credited)
wow, if you edited that and it's the "nicer" version I would hate to have seen the original.

The elite desk and one pass service center are definitely not one in the same. My suggestion would be to call the elite desk tomorrow, ask to be transfered to the onepass service center and then ask them to speak to a supervisor. Explain what happened and see what they. Remember the old adage you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
You're taking Northwurst? Even though it doesn't exist anymore?

Surely you mean Delta...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Both. I think they are one in the same.
And yet they are not.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
The mileage issues are explicitly handled by the OPSC. If you haven't been in touch with them yet, I suggest giving them a call. If you call the elite desk, just ask to be transferred over to OPSC to get higher in the queue--If you calmly explain your situation, I am sure someone will find a resolution. I agree it's a pain, it has been for me - but the right place to go is the OPSC and ultimately they did resolve my issues
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I have found phone calls to the OPSC to be an utter waste of time and effort. Email [email protected] with a copy of your BP's and ticket. If it's a CO flight it will post quickly. If it's a partner flight then CO has to contact the partner and make sure you actually took the flight. Why they can't just read the BP is beyond me.

I recently had a problem with an MS (EgyptAir) flight posting to CO. I wrote in, received a response 14 days later saying it would take up to two weeks to post and the flight posted 11 days after my email to my satisfaction. I never bothered calling because all of my phone calls to the OPSC have resulted in frustration.

-RM
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I have found phone calls to the OPSC to be an utter waste of time and effort. Email [email protected] with a copy of your BP's and ticket. If it's a CO flight it will post quickly. If it's a partner flight then CO has to contact the partner and make sure you actually took the flight. Why they can't just read the BP is beyond me.

I recently had a problem with an MS (EgyptAir) flight posting to CO. I wrote in, received a response 14 days later saying it would take up to two weeks to post and the flight posted 11 days after my email to my satisfaction. I never bothered calling because all of my phone calls to the OPSC have resulted in frustration.

-RM
Lucky. I emailed Onepass and have yet to receive a response. Now that I'm status matched to Gold (will be Platinum next week), I should just call the elite line. It's only 500 miles, but I want them and deserve a response back.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
If it's a partner flight then CO has to contact the partner and make sure you actually took the flight. Why they can't just read the BP is beyond me.
It's not a matter of just verifying that you took the flight. They also need to verify that you've not already received credit for that flight on the operating carrier's FF program or that of any other partner. Consider that someone could provide a copy of a partner boarding pass with no FF number on it, and submit it for credit to several partners. The operating carrier is only going to pay one partner carrier for the miles (and then only if the passenger didn't already credit the operating carrier's program), and CO won't give you the miles unless they get paid for them by the partner.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
It will probably be around February when the mileage creatures at CO fork over what is mine, so my 2 January flights will be without my Silver status
If that is your main concern, this is much ado about nothing. 2011 Elite Status on CO is valid though the end of January, 2012. Look at the face of your Sliver Elite card.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
I flew in LGA-DCA in paid F on USAir in Sept and only 1 of the 2 segments posted. Granted it was only 750 EQM but after calling the OPSC a few times I finally was able to get it resolved. It took some time and patience but they eventually solved it for me. I found out after they called (!) to inform me of the missing credit. Maybe you need to fly more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.