Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dont be persistent, they'll punish you,

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Originally Posted by chasbondy
The racketeers at CO will show you who the boss is should you be persistent about getting your miles posted. I've contacted the Elite desk several times about a Sept flight in which the miles have not yet posted "due to a glitch in the system" The first few times I called, it would be handled in a few days, then a few weeks, then a month. When I dared called after a month, it then became 60 days, and now, after one more contact, it will be 90 more days. It will probably be around February when the mileage creatures at CO fork over what is mine, so my 2 January flights will be without my Silver status, as I will be about 1500 miles short with about 4K miles not having been posted. Happy merger
I have the same problem for two flights on October 1st. Just like you said, it was a few days, went to more days, then weeks, now a month. It will be two months Dec 1 and still no miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I have found phone calls to the OPSC to be an utter waste of time and effort. Email [email protected] with a copy of your BP's and ticket. If it's a CO flight it will post quickly. If it's a partner flight then CO has to contact the partner and make sure you actually took the flight. Why they can't just read the BP is beyond me.

I recently had a problem with an MS (EgyptAir) flight posting to CO. I wrote in, received a response 14 days later saying it would take up to two weeks to post and the flight posted 11 days after my email to my satisfaction. I never bothered calling because all of my phone calls to the OPSC have resulted in frustration.

-RM
Agreed - this is one of the major pending "policies from UA vs. CO" that hasn't been settled yet. OPSC is a disaster, MP generally very responsive and empowered. I have a bad feeling which way the CS function will be heading going forward...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.