Wiki Posts
Search

SWU eligibitily

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
SWU eligibitily

I am purchasing a @ fare and I am wondering if I am still eligible for an SWU upgrade if I use a 10% off coupon or an e-cert? I don't think it will but I figured I'd ask the experts before making the purchase! I would call the elite desk but it seems you get a different answer depending on who you speak with.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Shouldn't be problem

It's a two-step process. First, you'll by you coach ticket, applying e-certificate. Once that's done, you upgrade the purchased ticket in the view/cahnge reservations page.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Thanks. I understand that part. I guess my question is, does using the discount coupon or an exert disqualify me from being upgraded via SWU? I doubt it will but I just want to be sure.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
No it doesnt. As long it is a domestic revenue ticket you can get upgraded.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Just FYI, in the 40 mins you waited for an answer you could have easily called the elite line, you wouldn't have gotten different answers. OR used the search function or looked on the airlines website. Just looking to save you time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.