Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Newcomer needs help: what are R, RN buckets related to upgrades, where do I see them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newcomer needs help: what are R, RN buckets related to upgrades, where do I see them?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:18 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)

Thanks for helping a newcomer to posting. I see all the time in these messages references to R bucket, RN bucket, etc. What do these terms mean? Where do I see them related to inventory? How does this help me to know about my possible upgrades as a Gold Elite in OP?

Thanks again and happy flying.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The letters define inventory buckets that are used to sell the seats at different prices and with different rules. The "R" bucket is for award upgrades as you've noted. To check the inventory the easiest thing is to do a search for the flight you're looking for and click on "fare class" on the right column of that display matrix. That will show you all the fare buckets and the number of seats in each. If you are using Chrome or FireFox with GreaseMonkey installed there is a script here that shows you all the fare buckets without needing to click and it highlights the award ones.

If there are no seats in that inventory bucket then you won't get an upgrade. If there are and you are next on the EUA list when the sweep runs then you will.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:06 am
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by sbm12
The letters define inventory buckets that are used to sell the seats at different prices and with different rules. The "R" bucket is for award upgrades as you've noted. To check the inventory the easiest thing is to do a search for the flight you're looking for and click on "fare class" on the right column of that display matrix. That will show you all the fare buckets and the number of seats in each. If you are using Chrome or FireFox with GreaseMonkey installed there is a script here that shows you all the fare buckets without needing to click and it highlights the award ones.

If there are no seats in that inventory bucket then you won't get an upgrade. If there are and you are next on the EUA list when the sweep runs then you will.
Thanks, But what is RN, etc. as related to First Class and when are other First Class seats usually released for Elite upgrades? What should I be watching for?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:03 pm
mkr
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Thanks for yor reply, but this is still unclear to me. Can anyone help me? What is R/2? When do seats get released for upgrades? What do I need to watch for, up to and including at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.