Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question about ANA and CO transpac in coach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond

With the reduced UA schedule over the Christmas holidays, I am looking at either CO EWR-HKG or EWR-NRT, or ANA IAD-NRT. Buying tickets for my kids, so no U/G. What is the coach seating like? I don't think they can get premium economy on ANA. And on CO metal, it's their 777 with in seat power, etc.

Any advice? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:03 pm

EWR-NRT has been less full than HKG when I have flown recently

I had an empty middle seat both to and from NRT my last trip, which is what I spend my days dreaming of since I fly in coach long-haul regularly. HKG I have always had full. But holidays might negate any chance for lighter load anyway.

As for seats, CO is not very nice, but Avod is good. I usually head for row 41 and avoid the exit rows with the narrower seats. I have only been on ANA 767's, so don't know about their 777, but their service was excellent on the medium haul flights I have been on.

I would go ANA unless you like the AVOD, as CO is good in that area.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 8:26 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Dinky SAN
With the reduced UA schedule over the Christmas holidays, I am looking at either CO EWR-HKG or EWR-NRT, or ANA IAD-NRT. Buying tickets for my kids, so no U/G. What is the coach seating like? I don't think they can get premium economy on ANA. And on CO metal, it's their 777 with in seat power, etc.

Any advice? Thanks.
You are aware that NH also flies JFK-NRT, right?

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.