Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New Mileage Plus but keeping the One Pass #

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Mileage Plus but keeping the One Pass #

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up New Mileage Plus but keeping the One Pass #

I was on the phone with Co's Elite desk today and was told we are keeping the One Pass #. Being jaded when getting info from agents, I called the One Pass Center and they confirmed that we indeed are keeping the One Pass numbers. You are looking at one happy camper! I have a great #
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I've seen things stating the OnePass number would remain Also. I just wonder what MP members have seen. I know my OP number, I have not yet memorized the other.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, UA Lifetime 1K, CO MM, Formerly CO Inf. Elite, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, National Exec.,
^
If this is true, then I'm also a happy camper. They are beginning to do some things right.
@:-)Infinites get Lifetime 1K,
:-:my wife continues to share my status,
and now I get to keep the OnePass number I've had for 22 years.
Keep it up and I may finally think the merger/acquisition will be OK.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
How is that possible to keep OP # - it is radically different than an MP number -
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Hey is there anyway to tell how old a OnePass number is vs how MP numbers you can tell such as mine starts 006 girlfriend's is 030?

Just curious
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
Sigh, besides the one small cool thing that my CO# has 747 in it, I really don't like using CO number, rather would use my UA number cuz it's all numbers and easier to use, but that's just me.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by zabes64
vs how MP numbers you can tell such as mine starts 006 girlfriend's is 030?
It's not that obvious that MP #s are in chronological order:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rs-merged.html
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: many
because CO is in control

It is because much of CO's system is the one UA is adapting to. UA knows CO's system is far superior and they snatched that up from the beginning.

CO is simply taking over UA, its just looks like to the public that UA bought CO, but underneath its a different story.

At least its less characters to type.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:24 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by saaws
Sigh, besides the one small cool thing that my CO# has 747 in it, I really don't like using CO number, rather would use my UA number cuz it's all numbers and easier to use, but that's just me.
I agree-imho it's easier to use all numbers
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by goalie
I agree-imho it's easier to use all numbers
I guess we will have mostly disagreements between the two camps, but I sure am glad the CO # will continue. I have had the UA # just as long and have never memorized it. The CO # with its combination of letters makes it much easier to memorize. YMMV.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
My OP # is much easier to type into my BlackBerry than my MP#........and http://mobile.united.com recognizes my OP# (when the BlackBerry server feels like working, that is).
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Are all OP numbers 8 characters (2 letters followed by 6 numbers)? IIRC, MP numbers are all digits without letters.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Are all OP numbers 8 characters (2 letters followed by 6 numbers)? IIRC, MP numbers are all digits without letters.
Yes.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
It seems easier for me to enter solely numbers as opposed to letters and numbers. Just another way it's United in name only.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pcharles
It is because much of CO's system is the one UA is adapting to. UA knows CO's system is far superior and they snatched that up from the beginning.

CO is simply taking over UA, its just looks like to the public that UA bought CO, but underneath its a different story.

At least its less characters to type.
So SHARES is "superior" then? Okey dokey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.