Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the biscuits go?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Where did the biscuits go?

Title says it all. Cinnamon buns are good if you like sweet and fattening, but the "croissants" are consistently soggy and bland.

I'm not one to eat airplane food, but could always count on CO for a decent (and not entirely unhealthy) breakfast of a biscuit and a bowl of fruit.

Anyone know where the biscuits went and whether we will ever see them again?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Maybe they vanished into thin air (biscuts)
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Biscuits???? Have you seen commodity wheat prices?? You are asking for alot
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
it followed the popcorn and the biscotti.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by chasbondy
Biscuits???? Have you seen commodity wheat prices?? You are asking for alot
Don't cinnamon buns and croissants need flour, too?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Biscuits were my choice of the breakfast bread items as well. I hope your thread is based off of a one-time occurrence and isn’t a harbinger of the demise of these doughy things in F!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 7:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by shell nyc
Biscuits were my choice of the breakfast bread items as well. I hope your thread is based off of a one-time occurrence and isn’t a harbinger of the demise of these doughy things in F!
Last week I was on a breakfast flight in F and cinnamon rolls were offered but no biscuits.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
I love biscuits, but the CO ones always tasted like the funky oven "taste/smell" (which I liken to mushroomy). The biscuits are rather bland (not a slam) so they tend to pick up other flavors easily. Hasn't anyone else noticed this?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:00 pm

I flew Den-EWR this am and biscuits were in the basket along with the chewy cinnamon buns.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
If your breakfast service is catered as "Choice of cereal or a warm breakfast sandwich", your only option will be the cinnamon roll. This usually occurs on flights < 2.5 hours. If your breakfast service is catered as "Light breakfast featuring a choice of cereal or hot main course", your options are both the biscuit and cinnamon roll.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: UA-1k and missing CO AA EXP
I few from SAN to EWR and they had croissants instead of the biscuits. Also they had a slightly different omelette and breakfast potato. It was the flight where they give you the menu. When I fly to IAH I get biscuits but my last flight catering messed up and i got a beef burrito at 9am. I missed my breakfast on that flight. I hope the biscuits aren't gone. I love them!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I was in FC today CO 1425 breakfast flight from SLC to IAH..we had buscuits and cinamon rolls..(offered twice) so they are still around..Was nice to see the male FA in FC have a pink tie for breast cancer awareness month..friendly crew and attentive service in FC..even arrived a few minutes early..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.