Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO BusinessFirst Shower Services at Destination

Old Sep 5, 11, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred

I have seen multiple threads on shower services for BusinessFirst customers but haven't seen one with a consolidated list. Maybe it is there but search didn't turn out with any hit. Just today, I asked for the shower services in MUC (at the Kempinski Hotel in MUC and the concierge gave me card with all the facilities listed in the back. So, I thought I would type it up here for the benefit of everyone here. I am sure that the list might change overtime. So feel free to update.

Amesterdam - Mercure Hotel / Sheraton
Athens - Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel
Barcelona - Business Center Barcelona Airport (Terminal 1)
Belfast park plaza hotel
Berlin - Mercure Hotel / Holiday Inn Berlin City - West
Birmingham novotel / ibis hotel Birmingham airport
Bristol - Bristol International Airport Arrival Shower Service
Brussels - Diamond Lounge Shower Facility
Dublin - The Carlton Hotel
Edinburgh - Quality Inn Hotel
Frankfurt - Lufthansa Welcome Lounge Arrival Area B
Geneva - Noevenpick Hotel Geneva International Airport
Glasgow - Holiday Inn Airport
Hamburg - Courtyard by Marriot Hamburg Airport
Hong Kong - Plaza Premium Lounge (transit passengers)
Houston - President Club (Terminal C South and Terminal E)
London Heathrow - Yotel (Terminal 4 Arrival Mezzanine)
Madrid - High Tech Hotel Madrid Airport
Manchester - Radisson Hotel / Etrop Grange Hotel Manchester Airport
Milan - Villa Malpensa Hotel
Munich - Kempinski Hotel Munich Airport Fit and Fly Spa Facility
Newark - President Club Terminal C and A
Oslo - Radisson Blu OSL Airport Hotel
Paris - Sheraton Hotel (Between Terminal 2C and 2F)
Rome - Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Shannon - Park Inn Hotel Shannon airport
Stockholm - Radisson SAS Skycity Hotel
Tokyo/Narita - United Airlines Red Carpet Lounge
Zurich - Swiss Arrivals Lounge Terminal 1
Old Sep 5, 11, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The NRT option is only for transit passengers as I understand it. I pressed the Concierge in IAH to get one last time I flew BF into NRT and the agent gave me a coupon for the public facilities in the airport but I got lost trying to find them and ended up just heading into town.
Old Sep 5, 11, 10:23 am

It is United's policy that "Arrivals" services are offered to revenue passengers only. I believe that upgrades and reward ticket passengers are not invited to use this service. I sincerely hope that the "New United" will maintain Continental's policy that permits any passenger in BusinessFirst to avail himself or herself of arrival facilities.
Old Sep 5, 11, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Mats View Post
It is United's policy that "Arrivals" services are offered to revenue passengers only. I believe that upgrades and reward ticket passengers are not invited to use this service. I sincerely hope that the "New United" will maintain Continental's policy that permits any passenger in BusinessFirst to avail himself or herself of arrival facilities.
Most definitely incorrect. UA Arrivals is for paid and award tickets in First and Business (F, A, J, C, D, Z and XF, XC). At LHR, as long as you have a Business Class boarding pass (even if NC/upgraded) you can use the *A Arrivals Suite. Likewise at FRA, same classes can use the LH Welcome Lounge. None of the above extend to *G.
Old Sep 5, 11, 11:01 am

Ah! I am proven wrong! Perhaps this was an old policy. I'm so glad, because I very often use BusinessFirst arrival service. I was once given a conference room at Sheraton Charles de Gaulle, but the bathroom was nice enough, and it was on my way anyway.
Old Sep 5, 11, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for posting this list, you are correct in that there hasn't been a consolidated list posted here. I think part of it is that the facilities DO change periodically, so they never really wanted to make it public.

Not sure if this is sticky-worthy, but it's definitely useful (when planning ahead and deciding whether or not it's worth it to try to get the BF shower) and people should post updates when they notice changes (or even confirming XYZ location is still correct).

Should probably also be a link to this thread from the FAQ.
Old Sep 5, 11, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I think this is confusing shower facilities in clubs with arrivals showers/lounges. For example. If I arrived at Newark as my destination, I wouldn't have access to the clubs at c/a as they are inside security and I'd go through Customs/Immig and end up outside security with no way to reaches the secured zone if terminating there.
Old Sep 5, 11, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by GoingAway View Post
I think this is confusing shower facilities in clubs with arrivals showers/lounges. For example. If I arrived at Newark as my destination, I wouldn't have access to the clubs at c/a as they are inside security and I'd go through Customs/Immig and end up outside security with no way to reaches the secured zone if terminating there.
Easy enough to add an asterisk for transit pax only or inside security. Thanks NJFlyer_HOHO ^
Old Sep 5, 11, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, AS MVP, SPG Plat, Carlson Gold
Just used the facility at AMS the other day. The Mercure Hotel option is for transiting passengers (located in the terminal) and the Sheraton Hotel option is for those with AMS as their final destination.
Old Nov 15, 11, 11:40 am
Suspended

Sorry to be dense, but if flying from IAD to CDG in BF how/where do I arrange for access to the hotel that functions as the arrivals lounge in CDG. In IAD in the RCC? In CDG on landing?
Old Nov 15, 11, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by EAGuy View Post
Sorry to be dense, but if flying from IAD to CDG in BF how/where do I arrange for access to the hotel that functions as the arrivals lounge in CDG. In IAD in the RCC? In CDG on landing?
There should be a BusinessFirst concierge at the gate at IAD. Let them know you'd like a shower arranged for your arrival in Paris.
Old Nov 15, 11, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer View Post
Most definitely incorrect. UA Arrivals is for paid and award tickets in First and Business (F, A, J, C, D, Z and XF, XC). At LHR, as long as you have a Business Class boarding pass (even if NC/upgraded) you can use the *A Arrivals Suite. Likewise at FRA, same classes can use the LH Welcome Lounge. None of the above extend to *G.
This isn't my experience: only full-fare First and Business passengers, -not reward or upgrade travelers-, can use the arrivals facilities with United.

I flew on an upgraded HKG flight on UA last week and was told because I didn't pay full-fare, I couldn't have access to arrivals facilities. Very different from my CO J experiences where I pay the J fare or use mileage to upgrade.
Old Nov 15, 11, 3:33 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by NJFlyer_HOHO View Post
I have seen multiple threads on shower services for BusinessFirst customers but haven't seen one with a consolidated list. Maybe it is there but search didn't turn out with any hit. Just today, I asked for the shower services in MUC (at the Kempinski Hotel in MUC and the concierge gave me card with all the facilities listed in the back. So, I thought I would type it up here for the benefit of everyone here. I am sure that the list might change overtime. So feel free to update.

Dublin - The Carlton Hotel
Thanks for posting this ^ and now for my question.......

I just upgraded goalie-sis on UA/CO22 EWR-DUB on 11/19 (arriving 11/20) and wondering how she would take advantage of this and what the procedure is (and humor me, but goalie-sis is blonde* [for real] and needs step-by step instructions)

*and where goalie-sis readily admits to blonde-moments, she allows me to say this
Old Nov 15, 11, 3:55 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
This isn't my experience: only full-fare First and Business passengers, -not reward or upgrade travelers-, can use the arrivals facilities with United.

I flew on an upgraded HKG flight on UA last week and was told because I didn't pay full-fare, I couldn't have access to arrivals facilities. Very different from my CO J experiences where I pay the J fare or use mileage to upgrade.
Flying in award (XF) this year through ORD had shower access upon arrival from HKG. This was the United First lounge at ORD, so if you were in C, then that may have been the reason.

I can also tell you that flying into SIN in XF gained SIN lounge access for both first and business lounges, but flying out to DPS in SIN C class the next day would have only gained the business lounge in SIN.

And again, in HKG, the F lounge in HKG provided showers if you were flying UA XF.
Old Nov 15, 11, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie View Post
wondering how she would take advantage of this and what the procedure is
She needs to first contact the BusinessFirst concierge (grey coat) and request the shower upon arrival. The best place to contact the concierge is either at check-in or in the United Club. Ask an agent for the concierge if you don't see one.

They'll take her information and pass it along to the concierge in the arrival city. The tricky part is finding the concierge upon arrival, which I think you need to do in most cases to get a voucher for the facility. (The EWR concierge should advise her.) Upon arrival, she might try asking the gate agent or staff member in the jetway, but sometimes due to the separation of arriving international passengers, there's no one to ask. The other option is to proceed through customs and go to the CO BusinessFirst check-in for the outgoing flight and try to find the concierge there.

For whatever reason, it's never seamless (except where there's a dedicated arrivals lounge like FRA or ZRH).

Some more info here:
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...amenities.aspx

Search this Thread
Search Engine: