Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Incorrect itinerary mileage Does it fix itself?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver

Next week I'm flying from LA to San Juan with the outbound itinerary showing 4,062 miles. (LAX-Newark-San Juan) But the inbound miles San Juan to LosAngeles with a stop in Newark shows only 3,386 miles (for the same route). Will this fix itself as I get my boarding passes or am I in for a 2 month battle when I get back??? Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by chasbondy
Next week I'm flying from LA to San Juan with the outbound itinerary showing 4,062 miles. (LAX-Newark-San Juan) But the inbound miles San Juan to LosAngeles with a stop in Newark shows only 3,386 miles (for the same route). Will this fix itself as I get my boarding passes or am I in for a 2 month battle when I get back??? Thanks
If the SJU-LAX is sold as a "direct" flight (same flight number even if there is an equipment change in EWR) with a stop in EWR then, IIRC, you only get the miles as if it were non-stop as opposed to the LAX-EWR-SJU routing.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
If the inbound is sold as a direct flight, or has the same flight number, and you're on CO metal, call it in to get separate segments.

You won't win the battle if you don't do that upfront.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I see "direct" SJU-IAH-LAS on CO and SJU-ORD-SAN on UA; but no SJU-EWR-LAX on the schedule. What's your flight number(s)?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rkkwan
I see "direct" SJU-IAH-LAS on CO and SJU-ORD-SAN on UA; but no SJU-EWR-LAX on the schedule. What's your flight number(s)?
Flight 1224 is a direct SJU-LAX via EWR.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by controller1
Flight 1224 is a direct SJU-LAX via EWR.
Oh, indeed. "New route" starting 8/29. Currently, 1224 is IAH-SAL. Anyways, only 3,386mi then, unless flights are split.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. I've emailed OnePass and asked them to try to fix it.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
It's not something for OnePass to fix. You have to be ticketed for two separate segments on the same return flight number. It's an issue for regular reservations to handle.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanx, I called direct
" Your estimated wait time will be approximately 25 minutes" After waiting I get "Sir that is the International desk, let me connect you". Then "your estimated waiting time is 25 minutes" again.
Screw them. Firing phone jockeys is not the answer to their problems. CO is running the typical UA rackets on their customers already.

Last edited by chasbondy; Aug 24, 2011 at 12:03 pm
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called direct
" Your estimated wait time will be approximately 25 minutes" Firing phone jockeys is not the answer to their problems. CO is running the typical UA racket on their customers already.
God, do I hate hyperbole. It has nothing to do with the merger.

In case you hadn't noticed, there's a hurricane coming, and everyone is calling in to change their seats/flights.

I called the Elite desk and connected within a minute. Try that.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Thanx, I called direct
" Your estimated wait time will be approximately 25 minutes" After waiting I get "Sir that is the International desk, let me connect you". Then "your estimated waiting time is 25 minutes" again.
Screw them. Firing phone jockeys is not the answer to their problems. CO is running the typical UA rackets on their customers already.
Then I guess you won't be needing those extra EQM?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

No, I waited, and the lady had no idea what I was talking about, but said there might be a penalty and a fare change. Then, she begged me to call back in a few days because of the hurricane (which I had forgotten about)
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I waited, and the lady had no idea what I was talking about, but said there might be a penalty and a fare change. Then, she begged me to call back in a few days because of the hurricane (which I had forgotten about)
Simply ask her to split up the segments. All you pay are additional taxes (since now you're landing and taking off again officially).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.