FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Reward One - Crashing or to be Enhanced? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1245973-reward-one-crashing-enhanced.html)

bartonhill Aug 8, 2011 11:23 pm

Reward One - Crashing or to be Enhanced?

Continental's Rewards One program provides points for future trips and for memberships to P-clubs. How will the program be changed by the merger? Will CO customers be able to use accumulated points on United or on other Alliance carriers? Does United have a similar FF award program for businesses? I hope the awards charts done change. I sent a note to CO for answers, but no reply today. Anyone know? :confused:

Joshua Aug 8, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm going to assume RewardOne will get merged in with Perks Plus. Hopefully, RewardOne will be the survivor.

WineCountryUA Aug 9, 2011 1:11 am

see UA Business Resources for present UA offerings

Given both UA & CO had business focused offerings, something is likely to be available in 2012.

rubbernyc Aug 9, 2011 7:44 am

I wrote to them about 3 months ago to inquire about any announcements. Took them about 6 weeks to reply and that was to say that no there were no news to report with regards to the program. Let us know if and when you hear back from them.

vsevolod4 Dec 6, 2011 1:10 pm

Any updates on he future of RewardOne? Want to know if I should redeem the credits I currently have or let it ride.

Aggie Dec 6, 2011 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by vsevolod4 (Post 17577710)
Any updates on he future of RewardOne? Want to know if I should redeem the credits I currently have or let it ride.

Let's hope RewardOne wins out.

I have started redeeming points just in case. I have asked a few CO people -- the majority have no clue about the program, the others say no word on what is happening.

chrisny2 Dec 9, 2011 3:03 pm

Email just came in:

As a valuable RewardOne customer, you are among the first to know that we are harmonizing two great airline corporate programs, RewardOne at Continental and PerksPlus® at United,into one: the new United business loyalty program, which we plan to launch during late first quarter 2012.

While we are finalizing the new program, one very important detail remains - your RewardOne points. Rest assured that your RewardOne reward points will be secure and available to you, under the current RewardOne terms and conditions, until we transition to the new program, at which time the RewardOne program will be formally discontinued. Until such time, your RewardOne points will remain available for redemption as usual; you will continue to earn and redeem points on Continental Airlines flights and you can continue to access your account information online at http://rewardone.continental.com. Upon the discontinuation of the current RewardOne program, your existing RewardOne points will be transferred to the new program accordingly, at a conversion rate that may be less than one-to-one.

Enrollment in the new program will begin during the first quarter of 2012. Future communications will announce the enrollment period, outline the new program and include the terms and conditions applicable to the transition of any RewardOne reward points balance you may have, discuss the value proposition, and provide you with detailed conversion and redemption charts.

You are receiving this email because you selected to be notified with special offers and news from Continental Airlines and United Airlines or have an existing business relationship with the airlines. If you wish to no longer receive updates of this kind, please unsubscribe using the link below. Please do not respond directly to this email, as the mailbox is not monitored.

texd Dec 9, 2011 3:09 pm

Yep. I just got it. The part about "your existing RewardOne points will be transferred to the new program accordingly, at a conversion rate that may be less than one-to-one" is not terribly promising.

Also, the following is on the RewardOne login page

Important Message from RewardOne® -The RewardOne program is ending. But what’s emerging is even better!

We are harmonizing two great airline corporate programs, RewardOne® at Continental and PerksPlus at United, into one - the new United business loyalty program - with an anticipated launch during the late first quarter of 2012.

We have been working diligently to build for you the world’s leading business loyalty rewards program. Stay tuned for additional updates and complete details about the new program.

Joshua Dec 9, 2011 3:34 pm

The one thing I preferred about PerksPlus was that I could submit activity from before I enroled my business in PerksPlus.

bloodyeyeballs Dec 9, 2011 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 17597908)
Upon the discontinuation of the current RewardOne program, your existing RewardOne points will be transferred to the new program accordingly, at a conversion rate that may be less than one-to-one.

So what exactly does "at a conversion rate that may be less than one-to-one mean?

texd Dec 9, 2011 3:39 pm

So, I'm currently sitting on 58 RewardOne points and will probably try to cash them in before the transition. My company is very small and may not qualify for whatever replaces the current program.

My question is, what should I cash-in for?

I have not requalified at any level for 2012, but don't really think Silver is all that worth it. I am a lifetime P-Club member so P-club passes are useless to me, and I have the CO Pres Plus card personally and the other card for business, so I'm not sure silver gets me much in terms of actual benefits anymore.

Was thinking of cashing in 46 points for a "South America, Europe, India, Israel, Hawaii, CMI, Guam, Asia" BF ticket (ROEET). How hard are those to actually use?

texd Dec 9, 2011 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by bloodyeyeballs (Post 17598105)
So what exactly does "at a conversion rate that may be less than one-to-one mean?

Especially what does it mean when going to a new program whose earnings and rewards have yet to be scaled in the first place?

bloodyeyeballs Dec 9, 2011 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by texd (Post 17598107)
So, I'm currently sitting on 58 RewardOne points and will probably try to cash them in before the transition. My company is very small and may not qualify for whatever replaces the current program.

Probably whatever you can get. The easiest seats are in Y on domestic out of IAH. I have never been able to get an LAX-EWR seat with them.

Was thinking of cashing in 46 points for a "South America, Europe, India, Israel, Hawaii, CMI, Guam, Asia" BF ticket (ROEET). How hard are those to actually use?

Very hard. I have never been able to use them for Guam in 10 years. I have also looked at Europe many times and never found anything up front available, although I haven't looked at OSL on a weekday in January. I have figured out how to get in first class domestic, but again, never for LAX-EWR

rishib Dec 9, 2011 11:24 pm

They sent the exact same message to PerksPlus and RewardOne customers, with just the names changed. I coordinate travel for a nonprofit in my spare time, and we have frequent fliers on both airlines, so I signed up the nonprofit for both programs. I'm a bit surprised they didn't ask us to link accounts just yet for that type of scenario.

traveldealer Dec 17, 2011 2:18 pm

I have not requalified at any level for 2012, but don't really think Silver is all that worth it. I am a lifetime P-Club member so P-club passes are useless to me, and I have the CO Pres Plus card personally and the other card for business, so I'm not sure silver gets me much in terms of actual benefits anymore.

If I am already silver on CO for next year and i redeem "One Year OnePass® Silver Elite Status" does that make me gold, ie does it deposit 25k eqm in my account?