Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

PHX>MCO in mid december, getting 2 saver seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

What's the best way to go about finding a second saver award seat on a flight? I've already booked two separate seats on different flights, but I need to get a second one on one of those flights (my son cannot fly alone). I'm getting nervous because I've been looking off and on the last couple months. I try with the ANA tool as well as logging on/off of the CO website. Am I being unrealistic that a second would open up? Seems a waste to use double the points just to get him on one of those flights. Is there a "tool" that can efficiently look better than me or see things I can't?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
If you can't see it, you can't book it.

CO nOnePass isn't known for the generous availability, thus the nickname.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mduell
If you can't see it, you can't book it.

CO nOnePass isn't known for the generous availability, thus the nickname.
LOL It's at least better than the one I used before!

But really, what does everyone else do to look? Just check every day themselves? Use a searching tool of some sort? I'm concerned about missing one that might open up and someone else grabbing it.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:59 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Are you looking for US, CO or UA or are you only Interested in the US Non-Stop?

Have you tried adding Connection Airport on ANA Tool

eg:ORD/IAD for United CLT/PHL for US, IAH/EWR for CO

If you are not fully sure how it works PM me with your dates and I can look for you.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jperiod
But really, what does everyone else do to look? Just check every day themselves?
I used the ANA tool daily for 45 days to find the TK F space I was looking for. But I may be crazy.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Are you looking for US, CO or UA or are you only Interested in the US Non-Stop?

Have you tried adding Connection Airport on ANA Tool

eg:ORD/IAD for United CLT/PHL for US, IAH/EWR for CO

If you are not fully sure how it works PM me with your dates and I can look for you.
I don't care what airline, as long as I can get two seats arriving before 6~7 pm using my CO miles. I can find some arriving very late, but that would be a nightmare for my kids (not to mention the other passengers!). I've also found some with very short connection times, 35~50 minutes, which worries me with having a kid in tow.

I will try looking at connections with your suggestions, I just wasn't sure how to find the connecting airports for my destination. As it is, one of my flights has a connection thru LAX. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.