Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ASA and ExpressJet to become SureJet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
ASA and ExpressJet to become SureJet

ASA and ExpressJet have a new name: SureJet

Details can be found at: www.flyasa.com

"Prepare the merged regional carriers for descent......"
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Horrible name. Not terribly consequential, but ugh.

Bring them up to SkyWest standards and call them SkyWest!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:30 pm

As long as they don't merge with Colgan, i'm fine
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by mduell
Horrible name. Not terribly consequential, but ugh.

Bring them up to SkyWest standards and call them SkyWest!
Yeah, they've been having quite a bit of fun with the new SureJet name over on the DL forum....

Could be a union vs. nonunion issue here as I believe the SkyWest pilots are nonunion while I also believe the ASA and ExpressJet pilots are represented....
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by edcho
As long as they don't merge with Colgan, i'm fine
Colgan has been a subsidiary of Pinnacle (which also owns Mesaba) since 2007. Pinnacle announced last year they were going to retire the Colgan name, but I haven't seen any updates on that front.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
SureJet? Who came up with that name? How about something interesting? Or just keeping it as ExpressJet...
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:25 pm
RSW

Programs: NON-REV Extraordinaire. Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta SkyClub
An inside friend told me that the SureJet name is on hold due to a very lackluster response.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I would hope they don't change it, SureJet sounds terrible and, like CO, ExpressJet is a name I have grown up with, flying with them every time I would fly CO out of AMA or LBB.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I would hope they don't change it, SureJet sounds terrible and, like CO, ExpressJet is a name I have grown up with, flying with them every time I would fly CO out of AMA or LBB.
I grew up with the name ASA between GNV-ATL and I'd be quite happy to see it disappear. I'd also be happy to see a professional management team and reasonable performance metrics from the carrier. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Is it possible they don't want to keep ExpressJet because of the close primary association with COEX (especially with the name painted on the engine nacelles)?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Critic
Is it possible they don't want to keep ExpressJet because of the close primary association with COEX (especially with the name painted on the engine nacelles)?
Or they're holding off and reconsidering because they don't want to spend money on paint .
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Critic
Note that as the ExpressJet E145's get the "United Express" decals applied, the "ExpressJet" name is removed from the engines......
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by edcho
Or they're holding off and reconsidering because they don't want to spend money on paint .
Originally Posted by jlemon
Note that as the ExpressJet E145's get the "United Express" decals applied, the "ExpressJet" name is removed from the engines......
As a former ExpressJet employee I am saddened to see a lackluster name in the combined entity and I am hearing from my senior management friends they might reconsider the rebranding as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.