Wiki Posts
Search

Elite desk hold time

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Elite desk hold time

I called CO elite line and was told the hold time is 28 minutes, or they will call me back when someone is available. I checked around and didn't see any weather or major problem that may cause congested line.

This is my first call to the elite line. Is this typical for taking so long to get someone? For the call back function, does it really work as promised that someone will call you back within the time they quoted (I think it was also 28 min if I remember correctly).
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've also tried to call twice this evening giving up hope on the PPlat line after 10 mins.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Just call UA, much better/faster and can handle everything CO now in my experience.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Is this typical for taking so long to get someone? For the call back function, does it really work as promised that someone will call you back within the time they quoted (I think it was also 28 min if I remember correctly).
I usually wait no longer than 5 minutes whenever I call the elite desk and in regards to the callback function, I have no experience with it. 28 minutes is ridiculous!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Just call UA, much better/faster and can handle everything CO now in my experience.
I have question/problem with mile posted so thought only CO can help. I was surprised to hear the recording says I can enter the UA mileage plus number, so looks like the two systems are consolidating.

Yesterday I finally got to talk to an agent, but she said my issue can only be resolved by onepass desk, which was closed for the day (I missed it by 20 min) so I have to call back tomorrow during their operational hours. Don't remember I had any call to Mileage Plus Program desk was out side of their service hours, probably I have been lucky all these years.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... Don't remember I had any call to Mileage Plus Program desk was out side of their service hours, probably I have been lucky all these years.
Never closed -- USA based team is available from 7AM-12AM Central Time with backup in India for the rest of the time.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

My experience of the call to Onepass desk today has a lot more to desire for...

- Make sure to call within the hours, was told wait time is 10 - 15 min, got someone about 12 min

- Got an agent, made up her own rule after I explained my reason to call

- Insist to have the exact rule she quoted, another 10 min hold

- She came back and corrected her self but still need to steer her to the point to show her my exact problem. some more discussion... another 20 min hold to check with her supervisor

- Finally she came back and told me the mile posted is incorrect, they need to submit changes to "downtown" (that's the word she used, anyone knows what's that mean?) to have it corrected.

The total call took me 55 min. Still yet need to follow up if I do get the correct miles credited in 2-3 weeks.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:21 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
I was on the with elite desk for 3.5 hours straight yesterday as they attempted to fix a problem after Lufthansa cancelled a leg of a future flight.
They did a great job and evetually got it fixed, though LH still wouldn't open seats even though it was their cancel. So it was probably my call clogging up the line

I guess I have been lucky the last few days on my calls. All answered fast and fixed promptly Save the 3.5 hours which was LH's fault.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
My experience has been mixed...in the last 12 months I have called the CO elite line at least a dozen times...on four occasions I was never connected, actually disconnected (I ended up calling 1KRes and they connected me, but it took a while)...the last few times I have been connected within 2-3 minutes (unfortunately the calls have taken over 30-40 minutes each to solve scheduling problems...it was like pulling teeth!)

There are a some things I like about CO, but their elite reservations is not one of them!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I've never waited more than 2 minutes for the elite line. For OnePass service center (OPSC), try calling when they first open. wendySFO, did you enter a MP or OP #? I've always keyed in my OP# and zip code, the voice recognition system has never worked for me. You can also call the elite line and asked to be transferred to the OPSC. Never waited more than a few minutes when I go that route.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by njcommodore
wendySFO, did you enter a MP or OP #? I've always keyed in my OP# and zip code, the voice recognition system has never worked for me.
Yes I keyed in the OnePass number and voiced the zip. When they picked up my call, they knew who I was and asked for address, etc. for further authentication.

You can also call the elite line and asked to be transferred to the OPSC. Never waited more than a few minutes when I go that route.
My experience from yesterday's call to the elite desk was 28 minutes wait. I thought I am better off to call the OnePass desk directly. Thanks for the tip, I will use it if I ever need to call them again.

I really hope this is not the merged program works down the road - slow response time, slow resolution time, not well trained agents...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Yes I keyed in the OnePass number and voiced the zip. When they picked up my call, they knew who I was and asked for address, etc. for further authentication.

My experience from yesterday's call to the elite desk was 28 minutes wait. I thought I am better off to call the OnePass desk directly. Thanks for the tip, I will use it if I ever need to call them again.

I really hope this is not the merged program works down the road - slow response time, slow resolution time, not well trained agents...
When I've correctly authenticated I've never been asked to verify anything. Maybe they picked up your OP# but it didn't get your zip and sent you to the non-elite line.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
90% of the time I call in to the elite desk I wait no longer than 2-3 minutes to connect. I've never waited more than 5 minutes to speak with a rep. Today it took about 45 minutes to sort out using as credit a cancelled return leg to Asia a few months ago.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Anyone have issues tonight? IAH had tstorms today around 4pm.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat HHonors Diamond
I've also never waited past 2 mins lol...dunno I see this thread a lot. I've also never been asked to verify any info. I just called yesterday and all three times in a span of 3 hours was answered in 15 secs.

However, I will say some agents do not know the rules and bugs...they seem clueless sometimes. Then sometimes you get agents who know exactly what to do or whats going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.