FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Just booked my first ever Sleezy-Pass ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1226125-just-booked-my-first-ever-sleezy-pass-ticket.html)

octopic Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am

Just booked my first ever Sleezy-Pass ticket

I feel dirty now, perhaps I should go take a shower ;)

craz Jun 14, 2011 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by octopic (Post 16559563)

hey Im sure it was alot better then actually having to pay the $$$ they were asking for the tkt, I never used SP but its nice to know its there in case I need to

aacharya Jun 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 16559865)
hey Im sure it was alot better then actually having to pay the $$$ they were asking for the tkt, I never used SP but its nice to know its there in case I need to

I never needed to, as I have the collective wisdom of this site.

If OP posted his/her details, I'm sure we'd find SaverPass for the routing (craz - you mean to say EP, not SP, to avoid confusion).

downright Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 16559915)

If OP posted his/her details, I'm sure we'd find SaverPass for the routing (craz - you mean to say EP, not SP, to avoid confusion).

What is the best way to get some assistance when finding reward flights. I'm looking for 2 tickets, EWR - SLC, June 29 - July 3. I can find EP on the way back but not on the way there...any suggestions?

TXbizman Jun 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by octopic (Post 16559563)

ummhh, what is a sleazypass?:confused:

infamousdx Jun 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by TXbizman (Post 16560224)
ummhh, what is a sleazypass?:confused:

It's EasyPass, the higher of the 2 tiers of rewards travel. It's double the amount of miles vs. SaverPass.

TXbizman Jun 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx (Post 16560261)
It's EasyPass, the higher of the 2 tiers of rewards travel. It's double the amount of miles vs. SaverPass.

Gotcha! I have managed to avoid them so far as I have been lucky so far with First SP but have to do lots of searches and be flexible.

craz Jun 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 16559915)

Ok EP

but I know a number of people who have cashed in using EP as much as they didnt want to only due to the fact it was that or a Full Y and they felt they could stomach shelling out for the EP , nothing else was available on anyone and they werent able to be flexible, and didntw ant to spend a few $1000 on the tkt

So there are very rare times when EP will make some sense and its nice to have what to fall back on

UA-NYC Jun 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by downright (Post 16560165)
What is the best way to get some assistance when finding reward flights. I'm looking for 2 tickets, EWR - SLC, June 29 - July 3. I can find EP on the way back but not on the way there...any suggestions?

Uh oh - is this what I've heard, that CO doesn't give you last seat availability even with EasyPass? If so, that stinks.

sbm12 Jun 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 16560896)
Uh oh - is this what I've heard, that CO doesn't give you last seat availability even with EasyPass? If so, that stinks.

Elites get last-seat availability (books into YN). Non-elites do not get last-seat availability (tracks to M, I believe).

I'm helping some folks book award seats now and there were options at the lower level with a connection or two but they chose to pay the higher rates to get the non-stop. And, as mentioned above, it was still a pretty good CPM value given the cash costs of the tickets.

kwildnj Jun 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by downright (Post 16560165)

From what I can tell there are NO 12,500 awards between EWR, LGA, JFK, SWF, HPN, or PHL and SLC for the 28, 29, or 30th.

That said, a few suggestions...

Suggestion # 1 would be to search for travel over a holiday weekend sooner than 2 weeks in advance...this would be a great first step.

Suggestion # 2 would be to transfer miles to UA, and purchase with miles + cash. 18,500 + 269.00 rewards are available.

Suggestion #3 would be to suck it up and use 37,500 miles for this reservation.

Suggestion # 4 would be to suck it up, use 37,500 miles for the reservation, but book a 25,000 first class award on the outbound. (Thanks aacharya for helping me with my oversight!)

Suggestion # 5 would be to suck it up and pay $422 per ticket. (Quite Reasonable)

Suggestion #6 would be to stay home.

aacharya Jun 14, 2011 4:43 pm

You missed one. Booking saverpass in first.

Available 6/29 on US out of PHL, with a 49 minute layover in PHX.

On the return, saverpass economy through ORD (4 hour layover)
or saverpass first (many options).

TXbizman Jun 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 16561518)
You missed one. Booking saverpass in first.

Available 6/29 on US out of PHL, with a 49 minute layover in PHX.

On the return, saverpass economy through ORD (4 hour layover)
or saverpass first (many options).

Since you guys seem to be more knowledgeable than me, maybe some help? I am trying to send my kid (unaccompanied minor) to my sister's in July and I am having a tough time finding SP in FC on both legs. The kid doesn't know anything but first... :rolleyes: and I want him in FC (assuming they allow unaccompanied minors - never seen on in FC yet).

The route and dates: IAH-PHL (7/23) - I see a FC seat. But I can't find one on the return (7/31 or 8/1). I am opting fly to IAH from BOS or PVD (multi destination) but none is coming up on direct CO flight.

Any ideas? Thanks.

bniu Jun 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 16560747)
Ok EP

but I know a number of people who have cashed in using EP as much as they didnt want to only due to the fact it was that or a Full Y and they felt they could stomach shelling out for the EP , nothing else was available on anyone and they werent able to be flexible, and didntw ant to spend a few $1000 on the tkt

So there are very rare times when EP will make some sense and its nice to have what to fall back on

it's useful for last minute intl emergency travel. Why pay $4000 for full coach when you can just spend 240K or so mileage and travel in BF. Sure 240K miles is a lot but if you never use them, then they're WORTHLESS :D

my grandparents are really old and sick, my family needs the flexibility to basically receive the phone call of one of them passing on and be able to be in China 48 hours later with minimal cash cost.

kwildnj Jun 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by TXbizman (Post 16561756)
Since you guys seem to be more knowledgeable than me, maybe some help? I am trying to send my kid (unaccompanied minor) to my sister's in July and I am having a tough time finding SP in FC on both legs. The kid doesn't know anything but first... :rolleyes: and I want him in FC (assuming they allow unaccompanied minors - never seen on in FC yet).

The route and dates: IAH-PHL (7/23) - I see a FC seat. But I can't find one on the return (7/31 or 8/1). I am opting fly to IAH from BOS or PVD (multi destination) but none is coming up on direct CO flight.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Warning: I may sound harsh in the following reply.

Wow. Talk about someone who's going to grow up with a sense of entitlement, having never having sat in a coach seat.

I'm sure this is the same kid will be the one with the brand new BMW the day he gets his license, and has every gaming system possible, which he plays on his 42" plasma he has in his bedroom.

Honestly, how old is you son?

Actually, regardless of his age, why do you want him in First? If you are concerned about his safety or well-being during the flight, why don't you , his mother, or another adult, fly with him?

Its a 3.5 hour flight for (goodness) sake. This means what, he'll be out of a known adult's site for 4.5 at most hours? (Assuming boarding/deplaning taking about 30 minutes on top of a 3.5 hour flight).

Regardless of his age, I am sure he is not to tall or too big to fit in a coach seat, and honestly, if 3.5 hours in coach hurts his hiney, he has bigger issues.

However, after looking, if you still insist on him going first, have fun paying 75,000 miles, plus $200 in Unaccompanied Minor Fees round trip. I can see no 25k 1st class rewards on the return dates you mentioned.

Okay, I was harsh, but I've had worse dished at me.