Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Just booked my first ever Sleezy-Pass ticket

Just booked my first ever Sleezy-Pass ticket

Old Jun 14, 11, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Gold
Originally Posted by TXbizman View Post
Since you guys seem to be more knowledgeable than me, maybe some help? I am trying to send my kid (unaccompanied minor) to my sister's in July and I am having a tough time finding SP in FC on both legs. The kid doesn't know anything but first... and I want him in FC (assuming they allow unaccompanied minors - never seen on in FC yet).

The route and dates: IAH-PHL (7/23) - I see a FC seat. But I can't find one on the return (7/31 or 8/1). I am opting fly to IAH from BOS or PVD (multi destination) but none is coming up on direct CO flight.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Unaccompanied minors can get in F. Got upgraded once on one of my flights alone...
Old Jun 15, 11, 7:00 am

Thanks for the suggestions. One question I have is if I book a saverpass in F and one of the 2 segments are sold out in F, will CO still deduct the entire 25k miles?

Also, it looks like easypass is available on that same flight. If there are available F seats come flight time, would be get them?

Last edited by downright; Jun 15, 11 at 7:25 am
Old Jun 15, 11, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
If OP posted his/her details, I'm sure we'd find SaverPass for the routing (craz - you mean to say EP, not SP, to avoid confusion).
There weren't a lot of options in this case. Time inflexibility meant that only one set of flights worked (there weren't partner flights available at the same times). That's what the option is there for, when you're caught in a box. I'll keep checking as I get closer to the date and if any saverpass seats open up, I'll grab them.
Old Jun 15, 11, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Since you guys seem to be more knowledgeable than me, maybe some help? I am trying to send my kid (unaccompanied minor) to my sister's in July and I am having a tough time finding SP in FC on both legs. The kid doesn't know anything but first... and I want him in FC (assuming they allow unaccompanied minors - never seen on in FC yet).

The route and dates: IAH-PHL (7/23) - I see a FC seat. But I can't find one on the return (7/31 or 8/1). I am opting fly to IAH from BOS or PVD (multi destination) but none is coming up on direct CO flight.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Take the non-direct options on 7/31 or 8/1, and waitlist for the direct. It'll open up between now and then.

Or take the two options available on 8/2.
Old Jun 15, 11, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Take the non-direct options on 7/31 or 8/1, and waitlist for the direct. It'll open up between now and then.

Or take the two options available on 8/2.
8/2 won't work. If I book for a non-direct on 7/31, I do I get on the waitlist? Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 11, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
8/2 won't work. If I book for a non-direct on 7/31, I do I get on the waitlist? Thanks.
Once you've booked your ticket, call into the Elite line and give them your confirmation number and say you want to waitlist for SaverPass for CO XXX on 7/31.
Old Jun 15, 11, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Once you've booked your ticket, call into the Elite line and give them your confirmation number and say you want to waitlist for SaverPass for CO XXX on 7/31.
Thank you so much! Glad to learn that option is available.
Old Nov 8, 11, 10:42 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Saver vs EasyPass ??

Aside from the obvious (double the needed miles-- duh!), what is the difference when both are offered?
I'm looking at a non BF EWR-HNL to burn up some of my 1,099 + ... miles for a quick trip in Dec. I don't need the EQM as I'm already 1k for 2012. I am seeing lots of availability for both saver at 20,000 and easypass at 40,000 (in addition to same flights with F at 40,000 & 80,000. One flight in particular via SF, shows all 4 available. My question is what is the advantage (or is there one?) of booking the easypass at 40,000 vs the saver at 20,000 ?? I'm Plat, and it appears all segments are wide open in F, would booking saver give me an advantage for the possible EUA ??
I've done multiple searches and can't seem to see why someone would book EasyPass over Saver if both were offered-- but then again, I'm sure there must be some reason (Is there ??)
Old Nov 8, 11, 11:03 am

There's no advantage. If both are available, book the cheaper one. The EasyPass is just one of those "[almost] always available" but the great availability will cost you double the points.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: