Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well, THAT didn't go as planned...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: MYOB
Did you get a reply?

This was the OP's first post On FT (Welcome), and there are no follow up posts.

Wonder if they received a response of any type?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by xzh445
This was the OP's first post On FT (Welcome), and there are no follow up posts.

Wonder if they received a response of any type?
The thread title is awesome, based on the feedback in the rest of this thread.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Motorskills
The thread title is awesome, based on the feedback in the rest of this thread.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:58 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by fastair
What were the meal offerings in the class of service you bought, you know, the one with the less legroom?
While OP may not have legitimate claim in his/her complaint, the OP didn't get to 1K for free. Thus, an upgrade is not really free and please don't give pax in F attitudes when they get upgraded because they didn't pay cash to sit there.

LAX
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Brasila
That's the point! CO cannot even board a plane effectively so how do you expect them to do FC meal orders in an effective way. It is obvious that CO's so called elite flyers are really not that sophisticated in being treated well nor would they understand what it takes to be a premium flyer on UA. Basically you do not even have to fly on CO to reach elite status. They seem to except whatever is thrown at them like a FC cheeseburger. What airline has a FC cheeseburger except CO? You guys have no clue about what real flying is about so your words ring hollow just like $misek's.
Do me a favor - learn grammar before you start insulting CO Elites as 'unsophisticated'.

And as for 'not needing to fly on CO to earn elite status'...guess what, genius? That's true on UA too! Fly a *A/partner airline, plug in your MP number, and earn EQM. WOW!

I am getting really sick of the rhetoric coming from the UA side of the aisle.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Critic
Do me a favor - learn grammar before you start insulting CO Elites as 'unsophisticated'.

And as for 'not needing to fly on CO to earn elite status'...guess what, genius? That's true on UA too! Fly a *A/partner airline, plug in your MP number, and earn EQM. WOW!

I am getting really sick of the rhetoric coming from the UA side of the aisle.
Agreed completely. As for the points of not needing to fly CO to gain elite, he's probably referring to higher levels, which on UA requires BIS, such as to get the (additional) SWUs for 1K (that no longer applies,) or for GS. Similar to HON Circle on LH. But by having a spening threshold for PPlat anyways, it's the same on CO. Not a great point
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Halo117
No what everyone is saying is that the FC cabin is created equal and CO lets people know how meals are taken, AA does FEBO and UA does by F, Status, and fare class.
Well, no option is exactly fair. I once had a UA domestic F segment as part of a paid international J fare. I ended up being the last person served and didn't get my first meal choice. At least, the FA was very apologetic about it -- basically the problem was that I was non-Elite -- even though I probably paid more than most of the pax on the flight.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Critic
I'm guessing the accusation dealt with getting status from Flex EQM only/mainly, not flying Star partners and crediting to OP to gain status.

I will say though that it certainly benefits me personally being able to earn regional upgrades and lifetime status without setting foot on UA/CO Sure was swell of them to remove any incentive to fly own metal!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by formeraa
Well, no option is exactly fair. I once had a UA domestic F segment as part of a paid international J fare. I ended up being the last person served and didn't get my first meal choice. At least, the FA was very apologetic about it -- basically the problem was that I was non-Elite -- even though I probably paid more than most of the pax on the flight.
UA serves F meals exclusively based on status, with no regard to how the ticket was purchased? A non-elite on F fare should always be served (assuming they serve based on status) before an upgraded GS.

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm guessing the accusation dealt with getting status from Flex EQM only/mainly, not flying Star partners and crediting to OP to gain status.

I will say though that it certainly benefits me personally being able to earn regional upgrades and lifetime status without setting foot on UA/CO Sure was swell of them to remove any incentive to fly own metal!
Well UA also allows you to become Premier through flex EQMs. One would need to spend $125,000 with the PPlus card to become Silver Elite. True, you can't get 25,000 miles through the MP cards; you can get a max of 10,000 miles. But honestly, who the heck is spending $125,000 with the PPlus card and NOT flying CO?! If you're doing that, Silver Elite probably means nothing to you anyways. So it's a moot point, and was more said to incite people.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brasila
I believe you are wrong......
On which point do you believe he is wrong?
  • That you can also become elite on UA without flying UA (by flying *A partners)?
  • Or that the OP is getting sick of the rhetoric coming from the "other side of the aisle?"
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:39 pm

It Ain't About the dang salad

It was but it wasn't. OP didn't seem that upset, just miffed and I see why. I would think that if the crew is to eat they should have to eat what is left UNLESS they have dietary restrictions.

It is more about how it looks to be eating a meal that they had previously indicated they were out of. It is more about not putting the customer first. It is more about not caring. It is more about not providing service, first or otherwise.

It just doesn't look good and was a pretty dumb thing to pull if you ask me.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by qoodoo
This try at trolling was almost as bad as LBJ's game 6 performance.
fify again!

suck it, lebron!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The mystery over the OP's salad is solved!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: CO PPlat, United GS, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Unbelievable........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.