Cleveland PC changes

Old Jun 1, 2011, 1:44 pm
Zip
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Cleveland PC changes

Between my stops in early May and late May, my "home" PC appears to have made the switch to all plastic plates, utensils, cups, etc in the food area. Is this a sign of things to come at all PCs (oh, Ucs) ??

Also, my beer was served in the bottle. OK with me, but was not even offered a glass. Hope the wine doesn't come in plastic cups!!
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Broken Dishwasher

Was there last Friday.

The dishwasher is broken.

According to redcoat/manager P.S. the plastic is temporary.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Just another one of those "changes we'll like," right? $MI/J will definitely be personally delivering paper plates to each of the PCs, right before he shuts them all down. Good thing COntinental is the best ever, or we'd never take such abuse.

That pretty much covers it, right? Did I miss anything?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:08 pm
Zip
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Ahhh! When I asked the bartender, she just said "that's all we have." Didn't pursue it. Glad to hear it's temporary; getting too paranoid over the possibility of ANY type of cutbacks.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Just another one of those "changes we'll like," right? $MI/J will definitely be personally delivering paper plates to each of the PCs, right before he shuts them all down. Good thing COntinental is the best ever, or we'd never take such abuse.

Don't forget the coming "alignment" of the RCC/PC food offerings! I'm sure we'll love that change too.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Noticed the plasticware at CLE PC back on May 12 but didn't ask about it; figured that maybe it was a change for good. Days later in BOS I noticed real plates and cutlery and figured maybe it was because the club there wouldn't be lasting for too long if CO moves to some other terminal. Turns out there wasn't anything that sinister about it. :P
Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by CLEguy

You forgot to say "Rah! Rah!," refer to Smisek as a giant ferret, and go on a tirade about how this behavior is to be expected after two (2) decades of coddling the co-workers, telling them how great they are.

Other than that, I'd say you did pretty well.

In all seriousness, glad they were able to keep the club open with the paper plates contingency plan, despite the broken dishwasher. Thankfully, that sort of out-of-the-box thinking was brought over from the UA side of the house.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by channa
You forgot to say "Rah! Rah!," refer to Smisek as a giant ferret, and go on a tirade about how this behavior is to be expected after two (2) decades of coddling the co-workers, telling them how great they are.

Other than that, I'd say you did pretty well.

In all seriousness, glad they were able to keep the club open with the paper plates contingency plan, despite the broken dishwasher. Thankfully, that sort of out-of-the-box thinking was brought over from the UA side of the house.
I knew I forgot something!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.