Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Shop OnePass Twice the Miles ending 19-July-2011

Shop OnePass Twice the Miles ending 19-July-2011

Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:08 pm

I got in a purchase in the week leading up to the ending. Thankfully, Sears had a digital camera that was backordered in a bunch of other places (plus, they had a 5% off sale running, and free shipping). I didn't need the camera yet for some upcoming photo jobs, but the whole fact that I was able to get 12,500 airmiles for it made it worth it. That's half a domestic ticket! Sad to see this go, as it was a HUGE mile maker.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by ExitRowLegroom
I got in a purchase in the week leading up to the ending. Thankfully, Sears had a digital camera that was backordered in a bunch of other places (plus, they had a 5% off sale running, and free shipping). I didn't need the camera yet for some upcoming photo jobs, but the whole fact that I was able to get 12,500 airmiles for it made it worth it. That's half a domestic ticket! Sad to see this go, as it was a HUGE mile maker.
Which I suspect is why they discontinued this program.

I bought two nice bottles of champagne for myself from FTD, at a small premium over wine.com, a month before the program ended. Spent $500 and earned 50 miles per dollar. Not a bad deal for two bottles of Cristal (plus two small boxes of Godiva that came with the bubbly) and 25,000 miles.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:12 pm

Sorry if this's been covered before, but I bought something ($109) from Sears about a month ago.

I saw this posted in my account
6/23/2011 ShopOnePass / Sears 545 545

I should get 1090 miles due to the double miles promotion. Do you know if they post the miles in two installments?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:29 pm

Answer on previous page.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Answer on previous page.
I feel so silly.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80

I bought two nice bottles of champagne for myself from FTD, at a small premium over wine.com, a month before the program ended. Spent $500 and earned 50 miles per dollar. Not a bad deal for two bottles of Cristal (plus two small boxes of Godiva that came with the bubbly) and 25,000 miles.
Dang, wish you had posted about this earlier. Didn't even think of looking for champagne on the flower sites. Oh well, water under the bridge. I miss double the miles (even though the flower sites dropped payouts drastically well before 2x miles ended).
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by fragment54
Dang, wish you had posted about this earlier. Didn't even think of looking for champagne on the flower sites. Oh well, water under the bridge. I miss double the miles (even though the flower sites dropped payouts drastically well before 2x miles ended).
I thought the same thing! That seems like an amazing way to load up quick!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by ExitRowLegroom
I thought the same thing! That seems like an amazing way to load up quick!
Sorry guys - it didn't even cross my mind. I figured most people that used the flower websites knew about the wine/champagne.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by TommyC80

Well..they have lost a lot from me:
1-I use MR web portal for purchases as it seems better than UA/CO's payouts now
2-I dumped the Chase credit card..no need for it anymore.

So they lost due to the loss of double miles.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Well..they have lost a lot from me:
1-I use MR web portal for purchases as it seems better than UA/CO's payouts now
2-I dumped the Chase credit card..no need for it anymore.

So they lost due to the loss of double miles.
Same here; I immediately switched my spending back over to the MR site. I'd much rather have 4x MR points that can be used for a variety of things than 2-5 points, on average, in CO's program. When I was getting 10, 20 or 50 miles per dollar, shopping through CO's portal was a no-brainer...now it seems like an incredibly poor value.

CO and Chase have lost at least $20,000 in spend from me each year.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Well, this week I got my most recent statement containing the last of my "twice the miles" purchases.

Surprisingly, one of them was a Dell.com buy for 3k miles from December 2010 that finally made it in.

I'll really miss those bonus miles.....bye bye.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:28 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
I am still waiting on a drugstore.com purchase I made back on 7/1/11 during the twice the miles promotion. I have e-mailed [email protected], but have yet to receive a response. I wish I knew about the FTD champagne gig. I would have been all over that.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by ademarco
I am still waiting on a drugstore.com purchase I made back on 7/1/11 during the twice the miles promotion. I have e-mailed [email protected], but have yet to receive a response. I wish I knew about the FTD champagne gig. I would have been all over that.
7/1 is still well within the window of "standard" CO delay for miles.... give it another 6 weeks.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by elcid3
fyi...my purchases from June posted today (7/26).
Anyone seen their July purchases post yet? Mine still haven't posted as of 8/30. I realize double miles will post a couple weeks later but I still haven't seen the first miles show up.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by HikerT
Anyone seen their July purchases post yet? Mine still haven't posted as of 8/30. I realize double miles will post a couple weeks later but I still haven't seen the first miles show up.
My July purchases haven't post yet either. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks before I start filling out the missing miles form

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.