Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Might Want to Proofread Their CC Marketing Materials

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Lifetime Hilton Diamond

Although I already have the Presidential Plus card, I have received approximately five (5) mailings in the past couple of months to entice me to apply for the card and have the fee waived for the first year. What I found interesting on the latest one I received (with a letter from Mark Burgsrud) was a special insert about the 3% international transaction fee being eliminated, but the other materials in the same mailing highlighted the fee still existing in the terms of the offer. Although this letter was sent by Mr. Burgsrud by Chase, you would think that someone at Continental would have wanted to proofread what is sent out under the name of their highest marketing executive.
Old May 6, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Please don't confuse CO's superior marketing with that of Chase. Chase probably made these mistakes, as it's their card.

CO has superior marketing, with innovative and catchy advertisements such as, "We're getting worldwider," or "You're going to need a bigger map." It would not be like CO to make the errors you describe.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: UAPlatinum/* gold, United Club, KE 'morning calm'/skyteam elite
One of the CC offers I frequently receive has an insert with both the UA & CO logos.... & the CO one still has the Skyteam emblem beside it.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:56 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bologna1767
One of the CC offers I frequently receive has an insert with both the UA & CO logos.... & the CO one still has the Skyteam emblem beside it.
That's because CO is ecology minded. They don't throw away perfectly good paper just because a logo or two is incorrect.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: UAPlatinum/* gold, United Club, KE 'morning calm'/skyteam elite
Originally Posted by danville 1K
That's because CO is ecology minded. They don't throw away perfectly good paper just because a logo or two is incorrect.
hehehe....actually it was a tiny insert promoting the merger within the credit card offer; cant remember if it was officially a united or co card. think i might have taken a picture... i'll see if i can dig it up.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:02 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by danville 1K

I was actually amazed when I landed at EWR on the morning of the day that CO joined *A (Oct. 27, IIRC) and all of the SkyTeam logos had been replaced with *A logos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.