Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Edinburgh Airport Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Edinburgh Airport Lounge

I found info on Co.Com about a lounge at Edinburgh Airport. I'll be going next month, flying BF from EWR & was wondering if we had any lounge access. I did find out that we do, but I can't seem to find out if any lounge is close to the gates where CO boards and departs.

From what I can tell, it's a BMI lounge and it will accept my BF ticket, my President's Club card or my Gold Alliance status, so it isn't a matter of getting in but of finding it.

I've been to Edinburgh but always via train from London. This is my 1st time flying in and out of the Edinburgh airport. I'm just wondering if they serve food or snacks in the lounge and if it's close enough to the gate to be able to enjoy it.

Any info on the lounge or lounges at Edinburgh's airport, and advice about how early I should arrive (it seems to vary from airport to airport) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 5, 2011, 8:58 am

If it's a bmi lounge, you may do better asking for info over on their forum.

I'm not sure which gates CO use at EDI, but it's a pretty compact airport (at least it was when I flew from there with any regularity about 5 years ago), so it shouldn't be too much of a schlep to the gate. The security lines have been horrendous when I've flown from there recently, so that might have more of an impact on your lounge enjoyment.

There will be snacks & drinks as a minimum, but I don't know the lounge myself.

Hope it helps!
Old May 5, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
The bmi lounge is a short walk from security (turn left after you clear security) and is opposite gate 5. Continental usually flies from gate 2 or 3 so its only a 5 minute walk. You might want to use your *G card as that lets you access the Diamond Club section which offers better refreshments as well as restrooms which are absent from the Business lounge used for BF. The entrance is the same. The lounge offers a reasonable selection of snacks and complimentary drinks but no hot food.

The check-ins open 3 hours before the flight which is the recommended check-in time. You can do it in less but should factor in the additional security screening for US flights.

I usually arrive about 2 1/2 hours before and enjoy bmi's hospitality. Security processing times are very variable
Old May 5, 2011, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Thanks! Wow, a Diamond section? LOL- I look forward to seeing that!
Old May 5, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Good lounge

We've used the BMI lounge in the past: they have a spacious lounge not too far from security, lots of drinks, little cookies, snacks magazines and papers.
Much better than the RCCs.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: CO Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
there now

I'm in the BMI lounge now - Diamond section. It's across from gate 4 and CO uses gate 3. It's not bad - OK snacks, good selection of papers and magazines and free WiFi. Better then a PC, but not up to British Airways standards. You might also try the Servisair Lounge if you have Priority Plus - it's a 30 second walk from the BMI lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.