Last day for SFO PC?

Old Apr 22, 2011, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Wink Last day for SFO PC?

I'd like to visit the SFO PC one last time to say goodbye to all the wonderful agents that I have known and converserved with for many of years. Sometimes when I take DL or VX I make it a point to stop by for a quick hello (and a quick glass of wine or two).

With the club closing soon and all CO operations moving to be with UA, I'd like to thank the staff personally for their wonderful service all these years.:-:

Last edited by jkazski; Apr 22, 2011 at 5:40 pm Reason: the notes
Old Apr 22, 2011, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Assuming you're actually asking what the last day is, May 9, 2011 would be what you should be targeting.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 9:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
While it wasn't the greatest club in the system, it was nice having it outside security so you could use it no matter which airline you're flying. Plus the employees there were great so I'll be sad to see it go.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
While it wasn't the greatest club in the system, it was nice having it outside security so you could use it no matter which airline you're flying. Plus the employees there were great so I'll be sad to see it go.
It was a nice club with excellent employees, but generally I hate clubs located outside security. I can relax in the club much easier when I've already gone through security instead of sitting in the club wondering when should I leave because I don't know exactly how long it will take to clear TSA.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k & MillM
Deleted.

Last edited by reinballe; Apr 23, 2011 at 8:05 pm
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: Continental
last day

Originally Posted by sbm12
Assuming you're actually asking what the last day is, May 9, 2011 would be what you should be targeting.
Is that when CO is moving to terminal 3?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hockey7711
Correct
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k & MillM
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I have seen both May 9th and 10th stated as opening day in T3.
May 10 is the most recent update, which goes well with 5/9 being last day for PC in T1.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by reinballe
I have seen both May 9th and 10th stated as opening day in T3.
May 10 is the most recent update, which goes well with 5/9 being last day for PC in T1.
I wonder if they'll station CO agents at the SFO RCC (ala what they did at the LAX RCC during the brief shutdown of the PC there)?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
Red face

Originally Posted by controller1
It was a nice club with excellent employees, but generally I hate clubs located outside security. I can relax in the club much easier when I've already gone through security instead of sitting in the club wondering when should I leave because I don't know exactly how long it will take to clear TSA.
Ditto that. Pretty nice club, great people, but having TSA between me and my gate was always an added thing to factor in, and such an unknown at different days/times. Once I get to PC, I don't want to have to do any more of that. Time to relax and have a pre-flight cocktail...at least for me!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:50 am

Guessing here but the club will close at the end of business May 9 and the employees will moving into the RCC. This hasn't been official announced yet but everyone is assuming that this is what will happen ala the other clubs that have closed and combined.

CO will still be at T1 on May 9 and move into T3 on May 10.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by maureenb93
Ditto that. Pretty nice club, great people, but having TSA between me and my gate was always an added thing to factor in, and such an unknown at different days/times. Once I get to PC, I don't want to have to do any more of that. Time to relax and have a pre-flight cocktail...at least for me!
The best "club to boarding" connection I've experienced isn't even at an airport. It's at Union Station in Washington in the Acela Lounge (which you can access with your PC membership card, even if not traveling business class). When you're ready to board your train, there's a back door which leads directly out to the trains, bypassing the boarding door where everyone's lined up. It would be like going into a PC then directly into the jetway for your flight.

That would be a very popular club if you could enter outside Security, but left through a dedicated Security line just for the club that let you out airside.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
That would be a very popular club if you could enter outside Security, but left through a dedicated Security line just for the club that let you out airside.
The FRA FCT provides precisely this, though you get a ride to the gate rather than walking across the tarmac.

And it is a very popular club.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
The best "club to boarding" connection I've experienced isn't even at an airport. It's at Union Station in Washington in the Acela Lounge (which you can access with your PC membership card, even if not traveling business class). When you're ready to board your train, there's a back door which leads directly out to the trains, bypassing the boarding door where everyone's lined up. It would be like going into a PC then directly into the jetway for your flight.

When did you last access the Acela Lounge based solely on your PC membership card? IIRC, that relationship ended a little over a year ago.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by controller1
When did you last access the Acela Lounge based solely on your PC membership card? IIRC, that relationship ended a little over a year ago.
NY Penn Station Acela Club, several times over the last year, most recently last month. Guess no one told them. That's too bad if it is over, since it was a great place to hang out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.