Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Chase Credit Card Promotional Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Chase Credit Card Promotional Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Question OnePass Chase Credit Card Promotional Miles?

On the latest statement of my Chase OnePass Plus credit card, I saw an entry of "Promotional Miles" of 993 miles, which I've never seen before.

Is Continental running any sort of promotion where you can can earn bonus miles on some categories like gas, dinning, etc.?

A quick Google search did not yield any official annoucements.

Does anyone know where those promotional miles come from?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I received them for most of last year, they stopped Jan/Feb I believe and have returned for my latest bill.. I've never tried reconciling exactly what they were for, but I believe the promotional miles are for spend on recurring bills (like cable/cell phone) and perhaps travel expenses.. I'm not 100% on that though.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I just saw this on my statement, too. And the bonus miles were more than my actual balance. I've had the card for four months and this was the first time I noticed it. Anyone have any idea what it is for?
Old May 16, 2011, 8:45 am

I got a flyer in the mail last month that said earn 50% more miles on purchases for the months of April & May. I'm pretty sure thats what it is. Although you can't just take your normal cc bill to calculate the miles becauase it is based on the date and most cycles cross over a month.
Old May 16, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA : GOLD
A few months back I got a mailer saying double miles until May 30th for Restaurants, Gas, and Grocery stores.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:19 am

I don't think it's that...I didn't really spend much on those things and even still the bonus was greater than my entire statement in any month I've had the card.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by breaux124
A few months back I got a mailer saying double miles until May 30th for Restaurants, Gas, and Grocery stores.

That's what it was for...I just checked my last two statements. Also its not recurring payments...that shows up as 100 bonus miles. Also not the mastercard 250 bonus for ticket purhases that shows up seperately. Also not the bonus for continental tickets that shows up seperately. So in the end its 2x miles for the gas, groceries, and restaurants.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by qoodoo
That's what it was for...I just checked my last two statements. Also its not recurring payments...that shows up as 100 bonus miles. Also not the mastercard 250 bonus for ticket purhases that shows up seperately. Also not the bonus for continental tickets that shows up seperately. So in the end its 2x miles for the gas, groceries, and restaurants.

For me, and trust me I'm not complaining, this is definitely not the case. My entire statement balance was approximately $2,500 and I received the 2,500 miles AND 3,100 bonus miles on top of it. A total of 5,600 miles for the month. The spending was definitely not enough on gas groceries and restaurants to account for that many bonus miles. I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting these miles - but thrilled to be getting them nonetheless.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:07 am

Anyone have any idea what triggers these? I haven't gotten one in about 4 months.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:30 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by fragment54
Anyone have any idea what triggers these? I haven't gotten one in about 4 months.
I'm not sure what all the triggers are, but I know that I only got them back when I rarely used my card. Increased use = less offers for me. My mom has been receiving them now and she just got her card and hasn't used it much.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:39 pm

Interesting, maybe my Continental card is going to have to take a break for a while.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:26 pm

So my spending patterns haven't changed that much and I'm still getting some of these promotional miles but at a drastically reduced rate than I was before. Has anyone figured this out yet? Now it's called "Chase Credit Promotion Bonus" in my Continental statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.