Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Challenge + Maximizer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Status Challenge + Maximizer

Does elite maximizer count towards continental status matches?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:52 pm

I'd love to know this. I am <4,000 miles from completing my match and missed a flight last week that would put me over. I don't think I can get it done now.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...omoCode=TB8230

The rules aren't explicit on this, but I would say no for the following reasons:

1) The programs rules state that you "will need to complete a specific number of flights" and lists "flight requirements" which state that you must "fly XXXX EQMs."

2) The fine print states that "Promotional and/or bonus Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Points (EQPs) do not count toward this offer. Other restrictions may apply." If bonus EQM don't count, hard to think that maximizer EQM would count.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I'd like to know a definitive answer to this as well. My fiancee did a silver challenge recently and met the hurdle on a B fare flight at 150% EQM. Without those bonus EQM she would have failed the challenge.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TommyC80
I'd like to know a definitive answer to this as well. My fiancee did a silver challenge recently and met the hurdle on a B fare flight at 150% EQM. Without those bonus EQM she would have failed the challenge.
Interesting -- the rules state that bonus EQM should not count towards the challenge -- probably a helpful oversight by the COmputer
Old May 28, 2011, 5:41 pm

I just completed my 90 day window. Came up 643 miles short of the 17,500 requirement, however had paid an extra $314 for an Elite Maximizer on one of my trips which took me to 21,345 miles. My Elite status was dropped!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.