Wiki Posts
Search

LH award tix

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
LH award tix

my wife and two friends are using award tix EWR-FCO (via FRA) in May. My wife has First Class, the two friends have Biz. FWIW I am meeting them all in FCO since I am there on company business

The friends used their miles to get the award tix. I would like to upgrade one of them to First (friom Biz)to fly with my wife.

Am I allowed to call CO and transfer miles from my CO account directly to their existing award? (assuming that First is available)

The wait time for CO is impossible since I am non elite, just asking here first.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not gonna happen. You would have to transfer miles to their account (and pay the associated fee) and then they could change their award to an F ticket but you cannot combine your points and their points on a single award.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
or if you have AMEX points you can transfer them directly to their account and then request the change. Also as mentioned already, keep in mind the ticket will have a $75 change fee to change the ticket from business to first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.