Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Pillows, headrests, and the first class experience

Pillows, headrests, and the first class experience

Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joel67
Now that I've had some more flight experience with CO, my impression of the First Class experience has substantially improved. I'm 2 for 4 on upgrades in the past week, which isn't bad considering my lowly Gold status right now. On both FC flights, I did have my jacket hung and was given pre-flight drinks. In fact, the service and food were both better than any comparable UA flights in quite some time, and will hopefully survive the merger.

The AV systems and available power on most of my flights, in both FC and coach, were much better than the typical UA domestic product. While I was happy to see the UA 737s disappear, the CO ones seem quite comfortable, especially with the large FC cabin for upgrading. Even my four hours in steerage on a 767 felt okay, although it can really use the extra few inches when E+ arrives.

By the way, I hope no one feels offended by negative comments I've made about certain elements. As a newcomer here, I'm more attuned to differences from UA than the regulars might be, and am just trying to point out those differences in the hope that your experience will help me better adapt to changes or that we might collectively lobby for the new airline to keep the best features of its predecessors. I'd still like to have pillows, tilting headrests, and maybe table cloths, but on the whole do feel that my onboard experience is moving up a notch.

When things go right on CO, it's great. It's when things go wrong (and sometime they go really really wrong) that people get peeved with CO's inability to manage even basic levels of service recovery.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by gawhite411
When things go right on CO, it's great. It's when things go wrong (and sometime they go really really wrong) that people get peeved with CO's inability to manage even basic levels of service recovery.

You are sorely mistaken.

CO is not bad at service recovery. CO simply does not have any sort of service recovery.

That said, I believe it is not necessary for CO to have service recovery because they focus on running such a smooth operation, that they hardly ever screw up. Not like that #1 ON TIME operation of Chicago.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by channa
You are sorely mistaken.

CO is not bad at service recovery. CO simply does not have any sort of service recovery.

That said, I believe it is not necessary for CO to have service recovery because they focus on running such a smooth operation, that they hardly ever screw up. Not like that #1 ON TIME operation of Chicago.
Imagine how good that operation in Chicago could be if it had the most professional men and women in the industry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.