Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel and rental car rewards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Platinum
Hotel and rental car rewards

For the first time, I recently used some of my Onepass miles to book a hotel reservation and a car rental. I received confirmation e-mails for both reward reservations. I received several different confirmation numbers for each, but neither the hotel or rental car company have record of me having reservations with them. The hotel and rental car company tell me the reservation and confirmation numbers I've been given are invalid.

I don't know if this is typical for Onepass hotel and car reservations, so I thought I'd check here. I'm starting to have this nightmare of arriving in Los Angeles tomorrow and finding I don't have a car or a hotel. I've of course tried calling Onepass, but after 2 hours on hold I gave up.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
how long have you waited to get the hotel and car confirmations?

I think CO gives you an internal number, then later they will sync to the hotel/car system to get a proper confirmation from them.

Like when making convention hotel bookings thru the convention travel agent, they give you theirs but don't issue the actual hotel confirmation number till a couple days prior to arrival.

The confirmation numbers you got, are they similar in syntax to the typical numbers issued by the car/hotel when you would book direct? Like i know AVIS start with USxxxxxxx and Marriott begin with an 8xxxxxxx so if what I got isn't in that format, I know it's not the actual hotel/car confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.