Programs: Delta, SPG
No Free Snacks in Y.

Effective yesterday, no more free snacks in Y on CO metal:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41888897...l-travel_tips/
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Marriott Plat
The race to the bottom continues.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I would rather have E+ than pretzels and Biscoffs.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
The article suggests the legacy carriers team up with brands. In other words (my thoughts), let someone sponsor the snacks in a wrapper with the advertising on it or on the napkin you get with the drinks (like Google did sponsoring WiFi, according to the article). Think where else you could go with that idea: "Today's inadequate seat pitch is brought to you by Joe's Chiropractic Clinic..."

Last edited by tarheelnj; Mar 3, 2011 at 2:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 3, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Looks like there's no longer snacks in F too? Doing a dummy flight status on CLE-EWR, which up until March 1, showed Beverage and Pretzels for both cabins, now is showing Beverage for both cabins.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
A sad step towards Unitedification
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Think where else you could go with that idea: "Today's inadequate seat pitch is brought to you by Joe's Chiropractic Clinic..."
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Somewhat misleading, shorter flights BOS-EWR. CLE-ORD on beverage in First Class
so they have done away with free snacks is First, Talk about nickle and diming. On WN they give you 2 snack pack and sometims even come around a second time.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The press release was vintage "Vicki Escarra" - and now our new CEO is vintage "Leo Mullin". Great

"Align with the rest of the industry"?? How about something called product differentiation???

If you assess a revenue target to every single minute service item delivered by an airline, you're going to find none - except the seat. Is that where our new leadership wants to take us? Come on - if WN and B6 are offering free snacks in coach (and far better selections than a tiny bag of dusty pretzels), then CO needs to step up here.

Everything Gordon, Larry and Greg created is being dismantled piece by piece - including the good will of the employees and customers.

NBC just had a not-so-flattering and mildly sarcastic segment on the Nightly News just now.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Are you really saving 2 million dollars with all that negative publicity. I agree the pretzels suck even know they are made in Ohio and need to step it up like WN offereing diffeent selections like cheese nips. I miss the peanuts, do even have in the PC.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by javabytes
A sad step towards Unitedification
UA offers free snacks to pax in F on flights that are not long enough for a full meal service..
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
I wish I would have realized Gordon was sitting across the aisle from me in F the other day between New Orleans and Houston. I would have asked him. He was really chummy with the crew and I saw a GA running around with his book in the terminal. Just didn't make the connection until I got home. I bet he's Platinum for life 'eh.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
I wish I would have realized Gordon was sitting across the aisle from me in F the other day between New Orleans and Houston. I would have asked him. He was really chummy with the crew and I saw a GA running around with his book in the terminal. Just didn't make the connection until I got home. I bet he's Platinum for life 'eh.
o/t, but i sat next to his son Xavier on my first EUA as a Gold from IAH to DCA and talked with him practically the entire flight. i had no idea who he was then but decided to google him and then started learning about Gordon.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ethicist
The race to the bottom continues.
I think it's been won.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
Funny, I sat next to a girl in F Tuesday(DAY,A,) who had flown right next to him a few days before in F. Mightve been the same flight. I know she was at IAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.