Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Presidential Plus vs. Mileage Plus Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Presidential Plus vs. Mileage Plus Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by mnmag
You need to call Hyatt GP & tell them you have a CO PP MC & they can upgrade your GP account.@:-) It will be reflected shortly after you call!
i suppose the other question is will it gain me more than the 15% bonus and a free newspaper with my coffee? last time i was there i was plat and was disappointed there wasn't more of a bonus/upgrade, etc.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
Hyatt sent me the platinum card without any action on my part. The letter referenced that since I had the presidential plus, my status would be platinum. I was a Hyatt platinum before the notification, and they simply renewed the status on my Hyatt number. Worked seamlessly just as I would have wanted.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Here, UA Insider said coming early this year CO cardholders would get into the upgrade lists on reward tickets. Did this ever come to be a reality? (not that anyone that far down the lsit would get an upgrade....but is it possible?)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...lfillment.html
Old Mar 15, 2011, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by cbechdel
Here, UA Insider said coming early this year CO cardholders would get into the upgrade lists on reward tickets. Did this ever come to be a reality? (not that anyone that far down the lsit would get an upgrade....but is it possible?)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...lfillment.html
AFAIK, it's supposed to begin in the 'middle' of the year!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
My wife got a targeted offer for the presidential plus card with first year free, does anyone know if with this card you can access the lounge if you are flying a different carrier?
thanks
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
yep, you get full PC membership privileges. I live close to EWR and have gone in even when I'm not flying to meet a colleague or family member.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by J.Edward
CO/Chase really did a good job with the Presidential Plus credit card, and even at it's higher price point, I'd suggest it's a better value than the UA one. In addition to what GSBEWR notes you're offered:
25% RDM bonus on CO flights (that's 25k/year if you fly 100k!)
Hyatt Plat Status
Avis President's Club
All of which are useful benefits and not fluff, like the BF 2-for-1 nonsense offer that's out there.

I too really hope we see the PPlus card as the surviving lounge card post 2011. ^
+1 the 25% RDM bonus is the most valuable benefit of all.

I hope they don't screw with this card at all. If they cut the benefits, I'll cut too... cut up my CO PP MC.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K .951MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis President's Club
Smile

Originally Posted by particlemn
My wife got a targeted offer for the presidential plus card with first year free, does anyone know if with this card you can access the lounge if you are flying a different carrier?
thanks

I'm a CO Plat and UA 1P. I just received the targeted offer for the PP MC with the first year fee waived a few days ago in the mail After contemplating to sign up back and forth with the MP Club card over the past few months, I've decided I will sign up for the PP MC through the offer website!

Thank you FT for all the informative feedback! ^
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Silver
wait.. so what happens when they both got merged at the end of the year? which mileage program will be retained?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by kampret
wait.. so what happens when they both got merged at the end of the year? which mileage program will be retained?
Sadly, this is one of the MANY things that no one knows the answer to yet.

All we do know is that there will be one program and your miles from both CO and UA will be merged into one account. Beyond that, we know nothing, including the name.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by kuwaito
Will I be able to "upgrade" my current onepass plus continental card and get any kinda of bonus (as I were a first time card holder)? any experience?
AFAIK, you can't get the bonuses when you upgrade a card. You need to apply separately, then once you are approved, you can combine the credit lines & then close the one pass card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.