Economy Plus is here to stay

Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
One big question: Will CO get new Y seats, or will they keep the same, rock-hard wooden benches?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Scott's back with good news....good ole days are back .
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]Will Elites still have complimentary access to Economy Plus? The short answer is yes. As many of you know, Continental and United Elites have different policies for accessing extra legroom seating. Currently, on Continental-operated flights, extra legroom seats (select bulkhead and exit row seats) are complimentary to OnePass Gold/Platinum/Presidential Platinum and Mileage Plus Premier Executive/1K/Global Services members in advance, and to all Elite members from both programs at check-in. On United-operated flights, Elite members of both programs have access to Economy Plus both in advance and at check-in. We will be harmonizing this policy in the coming year as we further synch up our two loyalty programs.
I know I do not bring a huge amount of revenue to United as a Premier, but Economy Plus is why I stay with United and why I do not fly other airlines, even when their tickets are less expensive. If I cannot have advance access to Economy Plus, I then need to question why I am maintaining Premier status and loyalty to United and I will probably switch to whatever airline is offering the lowest price. So please take this into consideration and I hope you keep the current United practice in place.

BillJ
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA GS
Amazing. I now have some hope for my carrier of choice.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:50 pm

Please allow Premiers continued access to E+ in advance

duplicate
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I'll just add my Woooo-Hooooo!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
^ ^ ^ to the retention of E+

Originally Posted by Billiken
Next: Let's get UA's channel 9
I think the end of that is near, thanks to LiveTV. I've been told that the hardware does not support external audio input. It would be REALLY nice if all those aircraft had a map channel with CH9 as the audio. Unfortunately, I dn't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
And with a sigh of relief, every UA elite's asses unclench!

Great news all around. Don't care too much if the seats come from F or Y, but very happy to see it remain.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
A Big Thumbs Up!!!!
^^^^^^

sdcarver
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Hallelujah. ^

Now, we eagerly await the word that the extra legroom will come from a reduction in the number of economy class seats, rather than the seats in front of the curtain.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NCommander
And with a sigh of relief, every UA elite's asses unclench!
lol
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Great news, especially as a 2P as UDUs are few and far between and SWUs are only from the generosity of friends!!

Thanks UA!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:56 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Woohoo!!! Thanks, United! ^^
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I am absolutely thrilled! Thank you to the new United for giving us some of the best of the tulip!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
Amen!!! Spread the news...

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, I know weve all been on the edge of our seats regarding the fate of our Economy Plus product, and I believe the headline and press release says it all. Economy Plus is here to stay.

Specifically, we will be retaining our Economy Plus seating on all current United aircraft and will be adding an Economy Plus seating section to our fleet of Continental aircraft starting in 2012. To set expectations, this will be a multi-year effort, and the specific timing wont be provided until we have a better sense of our modification schedule. Factors including aircraft availability, hangar schedules, are still being determined.

Ill do my best to answer some your questions, starting with some obvious ones below:
  1. Why wait until 2012 to start? As with any major cabin retrofit program, theres a fair amount of engineering and planning that needs to be done before we can start on the first aircraft. This is the amount of lead time we need to get the process started.

2. Will Economy Plus be installed at the expense of First Class or Economy Class seats? This is yet to be decided. Its an important decision, especially for our domestic fleet, and one were putting a lot of thought into.

3. Will Elites still have complimentary access to Economy Plus? The short answer is yes. As many of you know, Continental and United Elites have different policies for accessing extra legroom seating. Currently, on Continental-operated flights, extra legroom seats (select bulkhead and exit row seats) are complimentary to OnePass Gold/Platinum/Presidential Platinum and Mileage Plus Premier Executive/1K/Global Services members in advance, and to all Elite members from both programs at check-in. On United-operated flights, Elite members of both programs have access to Economy Plus both in advance and at check-in. We will be harmonizing this policy in the coming year as we further synch up our two loyalty programs.

4. What about the p.s. transcon product, 3-cabin First Class, and other configuration decisions? There are indeed several more aircraft configuration blanks to fill in, which we expect to announce throughout the year. Stay tuned!
I think those are the key points, but if I've missed anything please let me know.

Scott OLeary
Managing Director, Customer Solutions
United Airlines
VERY HAPPY, I AM vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy hhhhhhaaaapppppppppppppyyyyy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.