Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Flight delayed, missed connection in EWR to ABE, can I get miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:58 am
Original Poster

I had a ticket booked from LAS-EWR-ABE. The flight from LAS-EWR was delayed, and I missed my connecting "flight" to ABE. The next "flight" was 4 hours later, and it would be pointless for me to sit in EWR for that long just to go to ABE, when I could get someone to pick me up in less than an hour from EWR. Could I still ask for the miles from the second segment?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You can ask

but the answer's "NO", especially since you opted for the ride on your own.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I highly doubt they will award you miles for not having "flwn" on the bus. Also, was this the last segment on your trip? Missing a segment will cause the rest of the segments on the ticketed itinerary to be cancelled.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by nd2010
The flight from LAS-EWR was delayed, and I missed my connecting "flight" to ABE. The next "flight" was 4 hours later, and it would be pointless for me to sit in EWR for that long just to go to ABE, when I could get someone to pick me up in less than an hour from EWR.
Your use of tenses is confusing. So did this already happen or are you asking what you should do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.