Wiki Posts
Search

Row 7 vs Row 20 in 752

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Row 7 vs Row 20 in 752

Is the "limited recline" in row 7 ABC the same as the "limited recline" in row 20? i.e., no recline whatsoever?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
eh? i thought row 7 reclines fine.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
eh? i thought row 7 reclines fine.
Not according to seatguru. For that matter, does anyone have an opinion on 7 ABC vs. 7 DEF? (bulkhead vs. bathroom)
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Row 7 ABC on the 752 reclines fine and the lav is across the door area so basically unlimited legroom (or you can play footsies with the FAs). Row 8 DEF (there is no 7DEF) has the bulkhead but still a decent amount of legroom. Your knees will be fine though if you like to stretch your legs all the way out there is no cutout for that.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
There is slightly less leg room for 7A as you have the escape slide there. It doesn't stick in too much like a 744 or A346's does. If you want to sleep then row 7 isn't a good place. Between the galley being their and the people waiting for the lav directly in front of you some times, it doesn't look too pleasant.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Very helpful replies. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
IMO, 7C is the best Y seat for every part of the flight except boarding, where EVERYONE encroaches on your space while rounding the corner into Y.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rggale
IMO, 7C is the best Y seat for every part of the flight except boarding, where EVERYONE encroaches on your space while rounding the corner into Y.
That's where I am right now unless my upgrade (Plat on a B fare) clears. Not gonna sweat it if it doesn't, it's an easy flight. Already confirmed in BF on the way home.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rggale
I generally get on early, get my stuff stowed and then hang out in the 2R or rear galley if I'm seated in 7C until the bulk of the passengers have boarded. Saves my knees and shoulders quite a bit. Plus making friends with the FAs is a useful thing to do.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:24 am

Funny, since I was just about to post the same question. I am on the 757 from EWR to AMS with Mrs. EX. There was only one exit row seats available in row 21 and we wanted to sit together. We still have a choice between row 7 and
8 E/F. I am worried about the lav situation, on a longer flight it can become a problem. 8 seems a bit further away, but I'm 6'4" and would really prefer extended legroom, which according to some posts will not be there. This seems to be a tough one. I really hate these single aisle aircraft on routes longer than 3 hours.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Pres? Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
That's where I am right now unless my upgrade (Plat on a B fare) clears.
What is your route? I am assuming F was full when you booked? I have always gotten F with a B or Y fare, even on the 735s
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AUSshouldbeahub
What is your route? I am assuming F was full when you booked? I have always gotten F with a B or Y fare, even on the 735s
EWR-LHR. Speaking of, anyone know why CO18 cancelled today?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by sbm12
I generally get on early, get my stuff stowed and then hang out in the 2R or rear galley if I'm seated in 7C until the bulk of the passengers have boarded. Saves my knees and shoulders quite a bit. Plus making friends with the FAs is a useful thing to do.
I usually do the same thing, or board late and ask the FA if I can store my luggage up in F, which they usually have no problem with. It really throws them for a curve ball when I don't spend the rest of the flight asking them to make "exceptions" for me, instead just try and bring them some good conversation and laughs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.