IRROPS Nightmare

Old Feb 6, 11, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

IRROPS Nightmare

I had a flight canceled in early December's UK Snowstorm. CO never issued a travel waiver for EDI (despite diverting the EDI flight to GLA on four consecutive days). I ended up having to pay the change fee to get home from GLA. After I got home, I wrote CO asking for a refund, and their response was not satisfactory. Is there anyone at CO I can contact to attempt to resolve this matter?
Old Feb 6, 11, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by USAflyer View Post
I had a flight canceled in early December's UK Snowstorm. CO never issued a travel waiver for EDI (despite diverting the EDI flight to GLA on four consecutive days). I ended up having to pay the change fee to get home from GLA. After I got home, I wrote CO asking for a refund, and their response was not satisfactory. Is there anyone at CO I can contact to attempt to resolve this matter?
It would help to understand if you had to pay a change fee because you couldn't get to EDI or because your scheduled CO flight from EDI was canceled.
Old Feb 6, 11, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

The flight from EDI was canceled. Although EDI was advising people not to come to the airport, I could have gotten there.
Old Feb 6, 11, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by USAflyer
I ended up having to pay the change fee to get home from GLA.
Hm... I believe flights departing from the EU are covered under those protections. I'd suggest disputing the creditcard change fee transaction with proper documentation and reason.

Complaining to the UK transportation authority and CC'ing CO would be the official route te take. The local (country) DoT's are responsible for compliancy with the EU compensation rules (the Dutch one will start fining about a bunch, so they say).
Old Feb 6, 11, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by USAflyer View Post
The flight from EDI was canceled. Although EDI was advising people not to come to the airport, I could have gotten there.
Something doesn't make sense here. Are you saying that the flight from EDI was cancelled, you called CO and they refused to move you to the GLA flight without paying a change fee? What did they offer as an alternative?

Search this Thread