LHR Lounge

Old Feb 5, 11, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
LHR Lounge

Flying CO BF into LHR. Which is the best lounge to use? I've use the BMI lounge when flying US Envoy. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 11, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Arriving into LHR, you can use the Yotel hotel in T4. Speak to the concierge in EWR before you depart to reserve a room.

Departing LHR, CO uses the Skyteam lounge in T4 which is pretty good. You can't go between terminals in LHR when departing so this is your only option.
Old Feb 5, 11, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by star_world View Post
Arriving into LHR, you can use the Yotel hotel in T4. Speak to the concierge in EWR before you depart to reserve a room.
Is that a CO-specific perk, or a *A perk? Is that available to UA C passengers arriving at T1?
Old Feb 5, 11, 2:37 pm
Suspended

It's CO specific, and only if you're in BF. For UA there is a *A arrivals lounge in T1 after immigration & customs.
Old Mar 1, 11, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, NEXUS, Global Entry

Departing LHR, CO uses the Skyteam lounge in T4 which is pretty good. You can't go between terminals in LHR when departing so this is your only option.
They Skyteam lounge actually has pretty decent food. It isn't as nice as the old Emirates lounge at LGW but it's better than the PC offerings. The 110ml diet coke cans are pretty funny - I think I had 12 of them.

The chairs only seemed have 220v power but the desks/cubes have 110/220 with no adapter required.
Old Mar 1, 11, 11:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mw362 View Post
They Skyteam lounge actually has pretty decent food. It isn't as nice as the old Emirates lounge at LGW but it's better than the PC offerings. The 110ml diet coke cans are pretty funny - I think I had 12 of them.
Usually, yes - although in the last few weeks the standard seems to have dropped rather suddenly. In the mornings they used to have a better selection of breakfast - when I flew out a couple of weeks ago they just had a handful of sausages and lots of empty space. In the evening last week I also noticed a lot of empty space where food should be

Absolutely agree that it is vastly superior to any PC (or any US airline lounge in the US, for that matter).
Old Mar 1, 11, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NEXUS, Global Entry
Usually, yes - although in the last few weeks the standard seems to have dropped rather suddenly. In the mornings they used to have a better selection of breakfast - when I flew out a couple of weeks ago they just had a handful of sausages and lots of empty space. In the evening last week I also noticed a lot of empty space where food should be

Absolutely agree that it is vastly superior to any PC (or any US airline lounge in the US, for that matter).

I was there a couple of days ago.. plenty of pastries of all kinds, many different cheeses, fresh hot hash browned potatoes with grilled onions, sausages, braised mushrooms, yogurts, etc. It was the full spread.

The staff was constantly replenishing as it was busy. (7am Sunday morning)

I counted a chef (in whites) and at least 4 other attendants.

But you're right, of course, YMMV as I've seen it rather barren at other times.
Old Mar 1, 11, 3:21 pm

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
I was there a week ago Tuesday and they had as close to a full breakfast as I've ever seen: bacon, eggs, yogurt the works. The attendants were super helpful, walking around asking if they could get me anything else. It certainly helps to go up to the second level. Most people don't go up there.

Search this Thread