Wiki Posts
Search

No more NRT on CO metal?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
No more NRT on CO metal?

This could be a total web fluke, but I tried looking up EWR-NRT and IAH-NRT fares and the only options showing are on UA metal. Has anyone seen this?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
i've noticed that too. i fly to ICN and usually fly through NRT and that's making me super sad.

i love CO 8/9. i would really, really hate to see it go and might actually make me switch my revenue over to OZ instead.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
actually i'm looking at it again but it's buried way down on the list and it seems to be about half a grand more expensive than going through SFO on UA...
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
Looking for rewards

I'm looking for reward flights to SIN via NRT from IAH and there is almost no availability for business for months on CO, but plenty on United or Air Japan and ANA
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:06 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by sailanacra
I'm looking for reward flights to SIN via NRT from IAH and there is almost no availability for business for months on CO, but plenty on United or Air Japan and ANA
CO is stinger than DL with low level business awards... In other words, they are the stingiest airline based in the US with low level business award availability...
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:17 pm

Recently it has become much more difficult to find Asia flights on CO metal. I'm looking for a Msp-sin roundtrip and 80 percent of what I find is on UA metal through ORD, SFO, and SEA
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by nova08
Recently it has become much more difficult to find Asia flights on CO metal. I'm looking for a Msp-sin roundtrip and 80 percent of what I find is on UA metal through ORD, SFO, and SEA
I have a sneaky suspicion that we're witnessing the end of CO metal to Asia. And until the programs merge, that means good luck with any upgrades
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
Air Japan?

What is really weird is that I am finding availability on an Air Japan flight in business from NRT-SIN for saver miles. Air Japan isn't even *A. They are oneworld.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:29 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by sailanacra
What is really weird is that I am finding availability on an Air Japan flight in business from NRT-SIN for saver miles. Air Japan isn't even *A. They are oneworld.
There you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Japan

It is a subsidiary of ANA...
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
There you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Japan

It is a subsidiary of ANA...
I was Hoodwinked! I confused them with JAL. Stupid me doesn't deserve to be on FT.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
i have noticed this as well. I am planning a trip to tokyo and want to use SWU's. The choices are slim and the ewr-nrt direct flights for jun, jul and aug are like $1700.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jade_BR
I have a sneaky suspicion that we're witnessing the end of CO metal to Asia. And until the programs merge, that means good luck with any upgrades
I don't think CO/UA will cease flying n/s between IAH/EWR and NRT, but it will be more expensive to do so, the difference being BF all the way on non-stops and a combination of domestic first and United Business on connecting flights.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA*S/Club, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I put in random dates in February and April for EWR-NRT on co.com, and the CO non-stops come up first. Either a web glitch, or you happen to pick a random day when CO metal is sold out.

As for EWR-ICN, I plugged in March 6 to March 13. First flight then comes up is EWR-SFO-ICN-SFO-EWR, for $1102 RT, on a combination of CO/UA metal. However, if you scroll down, you'll fine EWR-NRT-ICN-NRT-EWR for $984, on a combination of CO/OZ metal (TPAC segements on CO) under "Partner Flights".

Since CO never flew to ICN, before the merger, all options to ICN (OZ, NH, UA, etc.) would come up under "Partner Flights," with the chepest flight at top. Now, any "Continental/United Flights" will have preference over a "Partner Flight" even if the latter is cheaper.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:23 pm

Good thing GolfingBoy and I got CO9 in March then...NRT-EWR!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 1:49 pm

In a few months it will all be "UA metal."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.