Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Use a Presidents Club pass past expiration date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

I have two passes to use the Presidents Club that came with a credit card renewal. They expire April 30, 2011. I have a trip to China in Oct. and I'd like to try to use them in SFO where I have a 5 hour layover for a connecting flight on my way home.

Question 1: is there a presidents Club at SFO?
Question 2: would they let me in with these passes even though they would be past the date?
Question 3: what other options do I have to trade them for newer passes? Would CO issue me new ones?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:55 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec, Delta Gold
Q1: Yes, Terminal 1 http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../presclub.aspx
Q2: Yes, when you pay the day pass rates ($50, $35 I think with the expired passes)
Q3: Not sure if they are tradeable but you can purchase the passes for friends, check other sources
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by susiesan
I have two passes to use the Presidents Club that came with a credit card renewal. They expire April 30, 2011. I have a trip to China in Oct. and I'd like to try to use them in SFO where I have a 5 hour layover for a connecting flight on my way home.

Question 1: is there a presidents Club at SFO?
Question 2: would they let me in with these passes even though they would be past the date?
Question 3: what other options do I have to trade them for newer passes? Would CO issue me new ones?
1. Yes, it is located outside of security.
2. Probably not but you can try.
3. Try the coupon connection.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mtbroxs
1. Yes, it is located outside of security.
2. Probably not but you can try.
3. Try the coupon connection.
To add to this:

I tried it once in EWR, no dice. And this was in November with passes expiring in September.

Perhaps you can offer a 2-for-1 deal on CC. Another option is to post on the President's Club forum here closer to your date. If there's a willing FTer, he/she will let you in.

I've also given mine away via the forum. It's good karma.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: CO Gold HHonors Gold SPG Gold
I'm pretty sure I was told once when I accidentally presented an expired pass at a PC that the expired passes were good for a discounted entry--- $25 rings a bell.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by rmohrrmohr
I'm pretty sure I was told once when I accidentally presented an expired pass at a PC that the expired passes were good for a discounted entry--- $25 rings a bell.
$25 is correct. I just redeemed an expired pass at EWR this weekend for $25 so they can still be used.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 6:46 am

You would be much better served hopping the BART train into SF and enjoying some time in one of the nicest cities in the country rather than sitting in an airport lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALGal727
You would be much better served hopping the BART train into SF and enjoying some time in one of the nicest cities in the country rather than sitting in an airport lounge.
I may do that, although I have been to SF many, many times before. I have siblings who used to live there and visited often. But I haven't been to SF in over 10 years. The problem with that plan is having to lug around the carry on bags. I don't know if there are lockers at SFO to put them in while away from the airport.

For anyone who has visited both the RCC and PC at SFO, which one is better if I pay for a day pass? RCC is $35 if I but a pass online, PC is $25 with my expired pass.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:39 pm

For anyone who has visited both the RCC and PC at SFO, which one is better if I pay for a day pass? RCC is $35 if I but a pass online, PC is $25 with my expired pass.
The PC will be closed by October. Unsure at this time if the $25 offer will still be valid.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALGal727
The PC will be closed by October. Unsure at this time if the $25 offer will still be valid.
Why is the PC at SFO closing in October? Is this permanent or a remodel. I will be passing through SFO on Oct. 24
Old Feb 5, 2011, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why is the PC at SFO closing in October? Is this permanent or a remodel. I will be passing through SFO on Oct. 24
Permanent; CO is moving over to gates by UA's main operations. Passes should be honored at RC locations but likely not past their expiry.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 5:59 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Yes, my guess is that the PC will be closed within a couple months as CO consolidates with UA in Terminal 3. There are a few RCCs over there, and they're among the better ones in the system. Of course, who knows what the new United Club will be like.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
In the last couple of years I have seen PC desk agents make a special point of checking pass expiry dates to insure they're still good. No waivers, no favors, as they used to say at another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.