Chances for first every upgrade?

Old Jan 30, 11, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
Chances for first every upgrade?

Gold Elite who hasnt been lucky and has yet to ever be upgraded.

On a EWR-DFW next week midday and only 2 of 20 FC seats are occupied according to the seat map on the 737-900. I am in W fare.

Any chance I finally get upgraded?
Old Jan 30, 11, 7:37 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by krentzie View Post

On a EWR-DFW next week midday and only 2 of 20 FC seats are occupied according to the seat map on the 737-900. I am in W fare.

I am assuming CO1473 on Thursday?

The noon flight is just right before the horde of consultants start their trips back home.

Your chances are good, but I wouldn't be surprised if CO holds out the upgrades until 24 hours out considering PPlats/Plats/GSs/1Ks have not been upgraded yet. One way to find out whether you will get the upgrade at 72 hours or not is to go into your reservation and click on the upgrade reservation link... Select the Mileage upgrade option and if it shows seats available for upgrade then you will get the upgrade at 72 hours... If it shows as waitlist only, then more likely you will have to wait until the 24 hours mark.
Old Jan 30, 11, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Right flight # in 1473 but wrong date. Next Monday Feb 7th
Old Jan 30, 11, 8:17 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Right flight # in 1473 but wrong date. Next Monday Feb 7th
Well with only 2 paid F customers booked and not a lot of upsells so far, it is probably looking good for you...

You are flying opposite of the super bowl traffic, so that should help...
Old Feb 2, 11, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Down to 9 seats available for purchase but waitlist only when it comes to upgrade with miles option.
Old Feb 2, 11, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Down to 9 seats available for purchase but waitlist only when it comes to upgrade with miles option.
Isn't it the case in CO-land that elite upgrades and miles upgrades come from different buckets? If so, then just because upgrade with miles is waitlisted, doesn't necessarily mean that elite upgrades will be.

In UA-land, they come from the same bucket, so if there's availability for upgrades (NY, NC, NF) (for any reasonable length of time) then that means no waitlist.
Old Feb 2, 11, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFOSpiff View Post
Isn't it the case in CO-land that elite upgrades and miles upgrades come from different buckets? If so, then just because upgrade with miles is waitlisted, doesn't necessarily mean that elite upgrades will be.

In UA-land, they come from the same bucket, so if there's availability for upgrades (NY, NC, NF) (for any reasonable length of time) then that means no waitlist.
ACtually the bigger game in CO land is that CO zeros out the bucket prior to running EUA. Not sure if that is still the case with the dynamic EUA, but there is not transparency anymore. All part and parcel of the merger of course.
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO PP, AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DIA

Best of Luck, hope you get upgraded, however keep your expectations low.
Old Feb 2, 11, 8:51 pm

Programs: CO Plat, UA 1P, AA Plat (status matched)
Flight 1473 on Feb 7th:

They must have changed equipment. Currently showing 16 Capacity, 8 Booked with 5 people upgraded.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: