Wiki Posts
Search

CO chase 50,000 miles no 1st year fee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by meecal
From T&Cs:

OnePass Plus Rewards
50,000 BONUS MILES: You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the Card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers or any checks that are used to access your account and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6–8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Continental Airlines personal Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Continental Airlines personal Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Can anyone confirm that if one already has the Presidential Plus CC card from Chase that this current offer will not yield any bonus miles?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by FromPVG
Called this number, it asked for your existing account number.
You went too fast, wait for them to give you the options and you will get to enter you SSN and they will give you your app status
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Originally Posted by millere2
Do two lounge passes come when you sign up right away also, or just after each anniversary?
Right away. I signed up about 2 months ago and just got my 2 passes.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by david-alexis
You went too fast, wait for them to give you the options and you will get to enter you SSN and they will give you your app status
Yes, you are right. Somehow, I missed the # key I need to press first to get into the application status menu. Thanks for the information.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Originally Posted by FromPVG
Yes, you are right. Somehow, I missed the # key I need to press first to get into the application status menu. Thanks for the information.
happened to me too
Old Jan 28, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Philemer, I think we have hope:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...al-fee-24.html
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:27 am

We at continental have been told that continental chase card members will no longer get a free bag starting April 1, 2011 even with this new offer. Keep that in mind when signing up. The bag waiver will only be good for a couple more months
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by hughw
Man, am I confused by all of the different Chase cards and competing offers. I received the 50,000 mile offer for a Presidential Plus card in the mail today.
Any phone no. listed on the offer?
Is this offer available online, does the offer give any web address for applying online?

Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
Right away. I signed up about 2 months ago and just got my 2 passes.
I signed up for the card last November and I still haven't gotten my lounge passes.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dj1000
for some kinds of reason, my application did not get instant approval.
I recently applied for the Pres Plus card and didn't get instant approval either - which is weird as my credit is stellar.

But, a couple days later I got an email saying I was approved, so I wouldn't sweat it - just may be that they don't do much instant approval.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Man, am I confused by all of the different Chase cards and competing offers. I received the 50,000 mile offer for a Presidential Plus card in the mail today.

Originally Posted by RameshK
Any phone no. listed on the offer?
Is this offer available online, does the offer give any web address for applying online?

Thanks.
They give a web address of continentalpresplus.com and an offer code of 2MK along with a personal invitation number. Offer is good until March 7th. They state in the letter that it is an invitation-only offer.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by steveonetime
We at continental have been told that continental chase card members will no longer get a free bag starting April 1, 2011 even with this new offer. Keep that in mind when signing up. The bag waiver will only be good for a couple more months
Actually, the free bag benefit only goes away for Chase debit card holders (see here under "Travel Benefits"). With a credit card (OnePass Plus or Presidential Plus) you're still good to go.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by mwg25
Actually, the free bag benefit only goes away for Chase debit card holders (see here under "Travel Benefits"). With a credit card (OnePass Plus or Presidential Plus) you're still good to go.
Does the free checked bag with the credit card apply if you are on an award ticket? The offer says you must pay for the ticket with the card. If you pay the $10 or whatever in taxes, does that count as paying for the ticket with your card and give you a free checked bag?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:52 pm

They give a web address of continentalpresplus.com and an offer code of 2MK along with a personal invitation number. Offer is good until March 7th. They state in the letter that it is an invitation-only offer.
Thanks hughw. Being a targeted offer, it is a no-go for the rest of us.

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
Does the free checked bag with the credit card apply if you are on an award ticket? The offer says you must pay for the ticket with the card. If you pay the $10 or whatever in taxes, does that count as paying for the ticket with your card and give you a free checked bag?
I flew Continental on an award ticket back in June of last year. I had paid the $10 or so in taxes with the Cont CC and I was not asked for the checked baggage fee.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Has anyone noticed an expiration date on the 50,000 mile OPP offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.